Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 248
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 636542 times and has 247 replies Next Thread
drdraco

Magyarország
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Generate roof plugin

Hi,
I've just intalled the Generate roof plugin, but in the main menu Tools/Generate roof is dimmed so I can not click on it and start using.
I use Win11 and I have the last 7.2 version of SweetHome 3D.
How can I use this plugin?
[Feb 12, 2024, 10:25:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. On short: draw a room and select it.
2. What if you start by reading the mini user manual ?

Recommendation:
Try first to exercise on some test files to have an idea of how it work.
You will learn the capabilities AND the limitations.
After that you could try to use it on the needed place.
There are also other tutorials or tips.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Feb 13, 2024, 10:22:49 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinH81

Hello everyone

In the manual it says that there is a "Roof Windows-0.1 furniture library for inserting windows in roof faces." Can you tell me where and how to find this?

Thanks!
[Feb 14, 2024, 7:10:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
drdraco

Magyarország

Thanks for the help, but meanwhile I realized that first I have to select the room. Now it works.
[Feb 14, 2024, 12:00:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Follow the previous link and, on top of the post you have two links to that library.
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Feb 14, 2024, 12:24:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinH81

Dear dorin

Thank you again. I installed the library and it allows me to insert velux windows (I guess that is the name for the windows who are in line with the slope of a roof).

I have two additional questions. This roof has an elevation of 5.5m above the ground and it is actually 6.05m high. When I re-generate the roof I can set the correct elevation right from the start, but I miss were I can actually set the height right from the beginning. Then I have to raise the roof to the correct height after its generation, what changes the slope of the roof, but not the height or slope of the window. Is there a way to either get the right height from the start or otherwise to keep the window aligned to the roof?

And the other questions concerns dormers. I have seen some advice how to build dormers with walls reused as furniture and so on, but when I have a dormer window like that and I look through it from the outside, I just look at the roof. My first guess would be now to use the roof-window library and get a window of the size of the dormer in order to cut out that piece of the roof, but perhaps there is a better way for this. What would you say?
[Feb 14, 2024, 7:33:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
stoverpd

FRANCE

It’s marvellous, it’s exactly this!!! How did you it??
Thank you…
[Feb 14, 2024, 9:12:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@stoverpd
1. Hard. (Considering I'm not a programmer).
2. GRT thanks you!

@MartinH81
1. As I've write in the user manual, if you modify the roof position (including elevation) you have simply to regenerate the roof.
The plugin will do the rest for you (align the roof windows).
To do this just select the generated roof and use the plugin.

2. I don't know if I've correctly understood your question. A picture or a demo file could be more explicitly for me.
The roof windows library make holes ONLY in roofs generated with this plugin. For other purposes you will have to use other objects.
For some dormers I've write a tutorial here .
Sometimes you will have to use multiple roofs as parts of the final roof.
[Feb 15, 2024, 7:51:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinH81

Dear dorin

I will first try that and then reply here, but I already wanted to thank you. And then I have to check how to include pictures here. :)
[Feb 15, 2024, 7:27:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
MartinH81

So, here I am again, but I am sorry to say that I did not get it right.

I wanted to model something like this:

So, I selected a room as big as the house level and a smaller room like this:

But instead of getting the roof with a cut out hole like on page 57 of the roof dormer tutorial I get this:

I am doing something wrong. Please tell me what to do. Could be that I did miss a step or did not understand the tutorial right.
[Feb 15, 2024, 9:48:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 248   Pages: 25   [ Previous Page | 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved