Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 12186 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
gromit

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Cut Objects for perspective view

Hello,

first of all congratulations for this project, is a very good development.
I have been working on a modification of the code to allow to cut objects, like walls, doors or windows, to prevent them hidding rooms on obliques perspectives. So, not just changing githe eight of the objects, but actually cutting them at a certain height, including the glass of the window. This is now working on my computer and looks nice. This way is posible to lower certain walls and objects to a half to make a better view.

I use ModelClip class of java3d and basically I have added a new property in the HomePieceOfFurniture class, with all the support to propagate the changes to controllers and view.
Now if you modify the new property 'cut height' of any object, it gets cut at that eight.

I had to change several classes in the model and the views. If you are interested I could send the changes in a controlled way, is not that much.
And I have some questions, for example how to get the windows and doors attached to a wall, if there is a direct method. I have not seen it.

Regards!
[Nov 2, 2009, 9:10:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Cut Objects for perspective view

Very nice. smile
Feel free to submit your code as an attachment of a feature request.

There's no direct method to get the wall which windows and doors are attached to.
Don't be misled by the isBoundToWall method: it tells if a door or window was dropped on a wall last time it was moved, and is used just to adjust resizing behavior of doors and windows.
Holes in walls are computed in the createWallGeometries method of Wall3D class, but you probably saw that already.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 4, 2009, 4:56:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
alied

Argentina

Hi, I've been doing some work, and I get to the problem of knowing which window is attached to a wall.

Maybe this can help:

private boolean isBoundToWall(Wall wall, HomeDoorOrWindow doorOrWindow) {
return doorOrWindow.isBoundToWall() && wall.intersectsRectangle(doorOrWindow.getPoints()[0][0],
doorOrWindow.getPoints()[0][1],
doorOrWindow.getPoints()[2][0],
doorOrWindow.getPoints()[2][1]);
}

[Dec 23, 2009, 2:43:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Kentusky

rose Re: Cut Objects for perspective view

That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Any news about that? crying smile
[Aug 29, 2013, 4:06:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ZsoltET

Hi, I have a question about the section cut. There is a way to cut out not only walls, but to cut my object 2(windows, doors). I found your post with invisible box, but that only cuts the walls, and that can be done only with the wall height. Sry for my english:)

Maybe this one was done I just can't figured it out.
[Dec 11, 2014, 6:56:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved