Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2168 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
otadmin

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
My furniture.sh3f file is a mess

I imported furniture, created new categories in the furniture-library-editor. Everything looks ok in the editor but when I run Sweethome3D only some categories are shown and not all the furniture. Also listed are original categories with furniture which in the editor do not contain anything any more.

The difference looking at the same file originally let me conclude that Sweethome3D is working with a different file which I could not find.

Extracted the .sh3f file and found a long list of folders for furniture. But below are single files with furniture names and .png or .obj endings. In some folders are .png or .jpg images in others not. However in the editor all furniture is shown to have an image.

Seemingly I have not really understood what and how to import. Next learning step for me!

Questions:
How can I delete unused categories?
How do I go about sorting my mess? Start all over again?
[Mar 25, 2022, 6:00:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Re: My furniture.sh3f file is a mess

Without waiting for advice I started a new .sh3f file. Added libraries and imported furniture. Worked and shows in Sweethome3D.

But the imported furniture like box_invisible show up in category "Unknown". When I change this in the furniture editor to "Miscellaanous" that change is accepted and shows after closing and reopening the file.

However, in Sweethome3D it continuous to be listed under "Unknown". Several tests and SH does not accept the changes by the editor.
[Mar 25, 2022, 8:52:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If the translation of the category doesn't appear, it probably means that you use Sweet Home 3D in a language different from English. If it's the case, select your language in the Furniture Library Editor then change Unknown to whatever you want for the invisible box.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 25, 2022, 9:23:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

No, I am German and use only English on this machine.
[Mar 25, 2022, 10:52:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
ninja592

I had similar problems in the past, changing from US to UK English on my Windows solved the problem https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,10475#49000 Seems like there are 2 properties files for English language: PluginFurnitureCatalog.properties but also PluginFurnitureCatalog_en_US.properties Maybe this helps?
[Mar 25, 2022, 4:08:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Solved! Ninja, this was the exact problem. I installed LinuxMint and never changed the default language. For a German English=English.

Now everything is set to EnglishUK and my changes show up. The link you quote gives detailed explanations and instructions.
[Mar 26, 2022, 2:57:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
otadmin

Even my original "messed up" .sh3f file displays all the categories and furniture. Saves me to sort everything again!
[Mar 26, 2022, 3:07:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved