Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1564 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
NickDonato

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Translucent walls/panes with no reflection???

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for some expert help. I'm working on a design for a dedicated home theater. I have everything just right, except for 1 detail... The side walls of the theater will have fabric walls to hide the surround speakers, but we are going to light the speakers so they "semi" show through.

I understand how to make "translucent walls/panes". But I can't find a way to get rid of the reflection?!?!?!

I've searched everywhere and seen a few threads on the "mirror trick". I messed around with colors, textures, the "d" parameter in the .mtl file as well as Ns and Ni, I've gone all the render settings.... and for the life of me, I can not get a surface to put on the sidewalls that will render as TRANSLUCENT w/ NO REFECTIONS?!?!?!?!?!

See pics below... Thanks sooooo much in advance for your help :)

[Dec 13, 2022, 10:11:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NickDonato

United States
Re: Translucent walls/panes with no reflection???

Here's the pics... The walls that cover the speakers are slightly (only 10%) translucent. But how can I keep them translucent with a flat/matt finish so there's no reflections???...These walls should be fabric walls, not glass.

[Dec 14, 2022, 2:27:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NickDonato

United States

Link to pictures...

https://postimg.cc/bdVW3zh7
[Dec 14, 2022, 3:26:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Instead of playing with "d" MTL parameter, maybe you could try to use a half transparent texture. You could also try change the renderer quality to the highest level which render shiny objects with a more glossy effect.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 15, 2022, 6:20:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
NickDonato

United States

Instead of playing with "d" MTL parameter, maybe you could try to use a half transparent texture. You could also try change the renderer quality to the highest level which render shiny objects with a more glossy effect.

Puybaret, THAT'S PERFECT!!!... I found another thread that had semi-transparent png files to download, applied them as texture, and it works FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thanks sooooooooo much for the great tip!!!!!! :D
[Dec 15, 2022, 7:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved