Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 890 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
daytooner

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Materials List: Where/how is it stored. Can it be exported?

I have created a sh3d design of several rooms. I know that if I print out the design, I get a list of materials, along with aerial and 3D views. But, can I just get the materials list exported, preferably in some usable format such as a CSV file?

Also, where, and how, is it internally stored? I would like to know if modifications could be made (easily). I do have a few years of development experience in various forms.

What I eventually want is to compute total costs of materials, given cost/sq ft, or linear inches, or even pieces of furniture - chair, table, etc. Even better if that could be broken down by rooms. I know this is wishful thinking and should be posted in the wish list. But I thought I would just mention it here, now.

TIA

ken
[Apr 13, 2023, 3:38:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Materials List: Where/how is it stored. Can it be exported?

If you're a developer, you shouldn't have problems to read the Home.xml entry stored in a SH3D file (a SH3D file is just a ZIP file), then keep the information you want by parsing it with your own parser or transform it with a XSLT file.
The DTD of Home.xml entry is available at https://www.sweethome3d.com/SweetHome3D.dtd and you'll see that furniture materials, textures and colors can be easily be identified. I would suggest to create a SH3D file using different type of colors / textures on walls and rooms, then look at its Home.xml entry to find the information you want.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 13, 2023, 4:26:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved