Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 13
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1453 times and has 12 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Import Furniture Problem

Not sure what happened but when I tried to import furniture today the "choose model" button does nothing so I can't browse to pick a model.
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jun 27, 2023, 2:11:54 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Import Furniture Problem

If you have your model as obj/mtl on your computer you can use the file manager and just drap&drop the obj file in the 2D window. That's the way I mostly import furniture, I find it much easier with the huge benefit that the furniture is imported at the position where you drop it. You can even select multiple obj files and drag&drop them in the 2D window and they will each show the import dialog one after the other smile
[Jun 27, 2023, 8:57:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

That's a good tip! Not sure why the menu way stopped working, even tried rebooting my PC. I have a new computer running Windows 11 Pro for the past 3 months or so. I don't have Java installed with SH3D 7.1 and it was working before yesterday and I get no error other than the choose model button is dead. At least drag and drop works. :)
[Jun 27, 2023, 2:15:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Just noticed the same thing when importing textures (drag and drop works) but the worst thing is I can't save a rendering. The save button does nothing. Not sure what changed to cause these glitches.
[Jul 2, 2023, 6:11:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Did you install the 64 bit or the 32 bit version of SH3D ??

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 2, 2023, 7:34:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Yes 64-Bit.

[Jul 2, 2023, 2:22:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

Also I can no longer do a save-as. I choose it from the menu and nothing happens. I can also no longer export as OBJ so making more custom models is out of the question. Luckily the regular save still works for now but I don't like that I am overwriting the same filename. I'll have to manually rename files or something. This is not a good workflow for me. It's become a struggle to manage these problems.
[Jul 2, 2023, 3:37:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe check that Windows security settings don't forbid you to handle some files from Sweet Home 3D application, following these instructions.
As a quick fix for furniture and textures import, you could also try to drag the file you want to import and drop it onto the grey zone when it appears once imported.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 3, 2023, 4:54:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

I checked that but mine under Windows 11 Pro 64bit was already off. I experimented turning it on because you can add an app to "not be blocked" if you use controlled folder access. When I went there it gives you a blocked list and it was empty so nothing was blocked at all by this setting so I turned it back off. I use a combination of Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. Neither of them have blocked SH3D ever. Thank for your suggestion but it doesn't apply in my case.

Also, just to note - Upon opening SH3D I can do a Save-As and it gives the browse dialog box to type in a filename, but afterwards trying it again does nothing so this is pretty strange behavior because everything was working fine up until some point last month. I even tried running SH3D as Administrator after modifying the shortcut properties but no change. Maybe there is a conflict with a recent Windows Update or another app being updated on my system that happened in the meantime. I even tried installing JAVA just in case but it had no effect so I uninstalled it. Maybe I'll get lucky with a future version of SH3D before this is fixed.
[Jul 3, 2023, 5:51:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Mike53
Advanced Member

UK

Sounds silly but have you got enough space left to save the file, seems strange it would save an empty project but not a used one.
[Jul 3, 2023, 7:28:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved