Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 28
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3396 times and has 27 replies Next Thread
buzzz

FR
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: automatically open .sh3d file on a Mac

Hi all

So I build SW7.1 with the official build.xml using macosxInstaller option. So, this time I have a M2 mac and I have tested my problem on Sonoma and Ventura.

It appears that when I click on SW7.1 icon, there is a strange message "Impossible d'ouvrir l'application". On intel version, we just have the emergency message about "unauthorized app". But this time nothing, just this strange message.

I run the app from cmd, and I obtain a very long message :

The application cannot be opened for an unexpected reason, error=Error Domain=RBSRequestErrorDomain Code=5 "Launch failed." UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=Launch failed., NSUnderlyingError=0x6000022f2ca0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=153 "Unknown error: 153" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Launchd job spawn failed}}}
[Nov 26, 2023, 3:10:55 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buzzz

FR

As you previously write :
<<macosxInstaller target will build a dmg but it won't be signed and can't be notarized, i.e. end users who download it will be able to run the application it contains only if they right click on it to select Open item in contextual menu.>>
But this option is not available this time.
I try many many different options and I found no way.

Finally, I use a cmd command :

codesign --force --deep --sign - SW3D.app

and it works, which suggests that it is really a problem of signature
[Nov 26, 2023, 3:17:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buzzz

FR

So apparently the unsigned build no more works, only if people are able to use zsh and write this little command.

What do you think about that ? Do you know this problem ? Have you any option ? It seems difficult
[Nov 26, 2023, 3:18:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I haven't made some tests on an unsigned version of Sweet Home 3D for a long time, so I tried again, and actually, there's an easier solution than the one you tried: if macOS refuses to open the downloaded application the first time, it accepts to open it the second time you right click on its icon. But this trick doesn't seem to work under macOS Sonoma, even after following Apple's suggestions or this more detailed page.
Maybe, you should consider subscribe to Apple Developer Program to get a certificate that you'll use to sign the application and notarize it.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 27, 2023, 6:19:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buzzz

FR

Thanks for checking, it confirms the problem :)

I'll see if I can suggest this option.
[Nov 27, 2023, 7:33:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buzzz

FR

By the way, I update the four dylibs of my 7.1 version by the ones coming from 7.2 : libgluegen_rt / libjogl_desktop / libnativewindow_awt / libnativewindow_macosx

Doing this, when I double click the app, the app icon appears in the task bar but no window is showing. So I also update gluegen-rt.jar / jogl-all.jar

Nothing changes, the app does not show.

If you know what to do, I would love a hint :)

If you have to search for an answer, forget it. It currently works fine, I will not do this update.
[Nov 27, 2023, 7:45:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You should also update the build.xml script, inspiring you from these changes.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 27, 2023, 9:26:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
buzzz

FR

Thanks !
[Nov 28, 2023, 2:59:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved