Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1249 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Abchillen

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help version 6.6 to 7.1 update or installation

Hello everyone :-)

Please help, I have Linux Ubuntu 22 on my system.
I currently have SweetHome3D version 6.6a installed, but I can neither update nor get the current version 7.1 (tgz) installed.

Can I update?
Or can someone help me how to install a tgz file with instructions?

Thanks.
[Jul 25, 2023, 9:05:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Help version 6.6 to 7.1 update or installation

It might be helpful if you explained what you tried and/or why you can't get it installed.

Have you tried the Linux installer?
https://sourceforge.net/projects/sweethome3d/....1-linux-x64.tgz/download

Otherwise here are step-by-step instructions for Ubuntu 22.04: https://tutorialforlinux.com/2023/02/18/sweet...nstallation-step-by-step/
[Jul 25, 2023, 10:14:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

It's a long time sine I last used Ubuntu. It used to be very easy to install SH3D (just unpack in a directory of your choice), but after a few updates it was almost impossible to update a program if it's not in the repository/appshop. Reason why I switched back to W10.

You need to find the (hidden) directories where SH3D is installed. Search for the executable of SH3D and replace that with the new one. As far as I remember that should be enough.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 1 times, last edit by hansmex at Jul 25, 2023, 11:02:25 AM]
[Jul 25, 2023, 10:59:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I'm on Debian on which Ubuntu is based. I'm not sure if this means it's exactly the same on Ubuntu but I just extract the tgz in a directory I want and change the menu command to point to the new SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script. Has worked for several new versions so far.
[Jul 25, 2023, 11:07:31 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe this subject indicated in download page will help.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 25, 2023, 11:52:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved