Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 594 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Separate 3D Window Aspect Ratio?

Is there a way to make the Separate 3D Window preview have a specific aspect ratio like 4:3 and 16:9, etc. for composing the rendering angle and view area? Right now I have to put a plastic ruler up to my display to approximate what I want. No biggie but it would be nice to have that option in the 3D view window.
----------------------------------------
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jul 27, 2023, 5:15:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Separate 3D Window Aspect Ratio?

Technically it should be possible but very few users will use it.

But there's an easier way than using the plastic ruler:
Place the separate 3D window over your 2D grid and use that grid to resize your 3D window. You can zoom to change the scale of the grid. Then move the 3D window to where you want it.
You'll probably get a closer approximation than with your ruler.
[Jul 27, 2023, 5:35:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could also display the photo creation tool and compare the image sizes when you change the ratio proposed in the Apply proportions drop-down list.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 27, 2023, 9:02:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
snmavronis
Advanced Member

USA

I mean in the lower 3D window when you show it in a separate window, to preview the exact shot edges before I render. I already am using 4:3 aspect ratio when I render my view.
Steve N Mavronis - Retired PC Tech
[Jul 28, 2023, 2:33:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved