Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 642 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Tungmeister

UK
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rendering incorrectly when using virtual visit

Hi,
I'm having an issue where by rendering doesn't seem to be working correctly when using the virtual visit. When rendering with aerial view the light levels appear to be calculated correctly but when I switch to virtual visit the image appears to be rendered in much lower quality. I'm using yafaray on best at 11am in both samples.
aerial view:

Virtual visit:

I'd use aerial view but I need that exact angle shown in the virtual visit to update some renders without re-doing the entire set (which would be very time-consuming!)
any suggestions? I'm sure when I did the original renders last year I was using virtual visit and they rendered as expected.
[Jul 30, 2023, 10:52:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tungmeister

UK
Re: Rendering incorrectly when using virtual visit

to add, one of the original renders from last year:

[Jul 30, 2023, 10:58:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The difference are stronger shadows...

Possible solutions:
- change time of day, location on globe, and orientation of compass so that sun is (exactly) above the scene
- add (strong) lights in/above the rooms

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Jul 30, 2023, 11:00:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tungmeister

UK

I haven't changed any rendering or lighting settings since last year though, only a few models and wall colours etc. The first two images were rendered today with exact same settings, the only difference being virtual visit vs aerial view. Why would I need to change lighting and compass etc now, have some changes been made that would be causing this?
[Jul 30, 2023, 11:19:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

No idea if it makes a difference but: the date?
Even with the same lighting settings there's a difference between a day in winter vs a day in summer.
[Jul 30, 2023, 11:37:44 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tungmeister

UK

sorry, I've worked out what the issue is. Using the default rendering when in virtual visit "sky lighting" isn't used however if I use the photo rendering plugin I can explicitly enable it via the tick box and the render is produced as expected. The only issue being the plugin is slower to render so I need to try and match settings. Is this intentional behavior?
[Jul 30, 2023, 11:58:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You could try the Invisible inward light half sphere available in the LightShapes.sh3f library to get softer shadows. See also this thread.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jul 30, 2023, 2:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved