Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 91
Posts: 91   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 31030 times and has 90 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Sweet Home 3D 7.2

Wouldn't the changes to dimension lines (elevation) also not make it easy to create 3 dimensional poylines (i.e. adding elevation to each of the polyline points). Guess that would also make the 3D-wiring plugin much simpler and beter integrated with the core SH3D.
If I need an 'elevated poly line' I use a very thin and narrow but very wide box laughing
That 'poly line' I can elevate, change it's dimensions and position easily, and align with other 'box poly lines' and of course other furniture. Something you can't do with real poly lines. Of course useless for the wiring plug-in but the added ways for manipulation are very useful.
[Aug 20, 2023, 8:16:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

A problem with opening furniture.
When opened the furniture has a different bounding box.
SH3D adjusts X and Y accordingly to keep the base (fixed) part at the correct position.
Not the same with Z.
When the bounding box is changed in the downward direction, the elevation remains the same and as a result the entire window rises.
It happens especially with the turn window when it is used as a roof window.
I have to adjust the window elevation after every opening modification.
Of course the new elevation must be >=0 which is a correct principle.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Aug 29, 2023, 6:00:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 6 brings translation updates in Dutch, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Swedish (see updated links in the first post of this thread). It also comes with the final release of JOGL 2.5.0.

Dorin, I'm not sure to understand your issue. X and Y coordinates has always designated the center in plan of a piece of furniture, whereas elevation is the lowest point of a piece. Rotating a piece around a horizontal axis doesn't change its elevation to ensure it remains on the ground or the furniture where it's placed.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 4, 2023, 12:45:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

That is what I want to say:
1. For X and Y position you have applied the corrections which it is OK.
The fixed door frame appear in the correct position when open the door.

2. For Z it is not the same.
The fixed window frame appear upper and upper.
After every modify opening I have to manually adjust the elevation.

3. The same happen with Double-hung window when is slides down.

I hope now I've explain correctly what I want to say.
Many Thanks for this future version which have a lot of good improvements.
I will need same time to discover and correctly use them biggrin .
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
[Sep 5, 2023, 7:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I think what dorin wants to express is that an object doesn't remain in it's (vertical/Z) position when a deformation changes it's height. So no problem with the door because it stays the same height but the elevation of the velux window changes when opened. The non-deforming part of the window should remain at it's original position.
From what I can see on the images the deformed furniture has it's bottom at the same elevation as the non-deformed was, which is not correct.
[Sep 5, 2023, 8:05:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

@Keet
You have partially right.
So no problem with the door because it stays the same height

Indeed but at different X and Y.
If you look closely to my first two picture you could see I've arranged the doors at same Y and the corresponding X.
After I open the door (Thanks God wasn't a Window wink) the bounding box has been modified and of course the X and Y BUT,
somewhere in the code Emmanuel compute the necessarily corrections so the door frame appear to stay in their position and only the door has been moved.
I need this correction to be made also for Z.
I've tried to find the responsible part of code but maybe I've don't try hard enough.
[Sep 5, 2023, 5:32:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Today, the Beta 8 updates the help in English and French and translations in almost languages (see updated links in the first post of this thread).

Traditional and Simplified Chinese translations are still missing. If anybody want to help, Chinese speaking users would surely appreciate your contribution.

German contributors weren't available this time too, therefore I translated the new words myself and with the help of web translation tools, I hope the translation is quite accurate (I studied German during 5 years at school and that should help to avoid main grammar faults). I have mostly some doubts about how to present the list of postures. At the moment, I used verbs as shown in the following image but I'm not sure it's correct. What do you think?

Dorin, I was able to reproduce the issue you reported on double-hung windows but I don't find it's really a problem, since you obtain this error when you move a window part lower than the bottom of the window, a position which has no meaning.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Sep 13, 2023, 10:07:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Dorin, I was able to reproduce the issue you reported on double-hung windows but I don't find it's really a problem, since you obtain this error when you move a window part lower than the bottom of the window, a position which has no meaning.
How is this not a problem? I agree that a deformed object should elevate if the deformation would make the elevation of the new bounding box negative. This situation could be resolved by placing the furniture on a lower level and raise the elevation to its original elevation on the higher level, IF it worked correctly.

Take this example:
A cabinet with a door with the hinge at the bottom. So the door folds down from vertical in front of the cabinet to vertical 'hanging' from the bottom of the cabinet. I've seen this type of furniture where the 'door' becomes a writing table but can also be lowered completely down. As long as the bottom of the opened 'hanging' door doesn't make the elevation of the new bounding box negative the cabinet itself should remain at it's position.

In short: If a deformation doesn't cause a negative elevation, the non-deformed part should remain at its position, including the vertical position.

By-the-way, this is not a specific 7.2 problem since the same happens in 7.1.
[Sep 13, 2023, 11:07:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

you move a window part lower than the bottom of the window, a position which has no meaning.

1. Correct, but what if it is a pocket window?
2. If you use a roof part with a window already inserted (from a wall) will be also no problem.
3. If you make a hole in the roof and insert manually a closed turn window (like in this post )
you will have problems with the elevation every time you open the window.
Anyway in the future release of RG-4.5 the holes and windows are automatically created and inserted on the roof in the correct position
but I can't avoid future window elevation modifications.
My workaround was to mentioned this in the future user manual of RG.
Probably I will need to elaborate a little the operation for users:
new elevation = old elevation - (new High - old High)/2
or something similarly with more screenshots.
As you can see there it is solutions for everything smile
[Sep 13, 2023, 12:38:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

new elevation = old elevation - (new High - old High)/2
If it were only that simple crying
This is correct if the deformation extends both up and down with the same length. But take the example I gave in my previous post and the deformation goes 100% down. Same if you have an elevator escape hatch where the hatch door 'falls' down, so again 100% down. With the Velux window it could be 50/50 if the hinge is at the center of the rotating part AND at the center of the rest of the window, but even that is not always the case with this type of window.
It's pretty difficult to determine what percentage extends up and down. After that the calculation to retain the elevation for the non-deformed part is trivial. It should be possible because similar calculations are done for left/right with doors and windows to keep the non-deforming part in place. The same can be used to retain the elevation.
[Sep 13, 2023, 12:58:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 91   Pages: 10   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved