Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 559 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
LaVache

Belgique
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Rules é markers, select points, fraction of units, angles…

Hi, I'm new here and this is my first message.
I'm new also with Sweet Home 3D. It is already nice but… In the past I was experimented with Adobe Illustrator so I would like to find some improvements in SHD3 :

1 To be able to define units & pitch of the rules with millimetre's fraction and to be able to drag vertical and horizontal guidelines from it. I was used to use 1/68000 in AI… It would be nice without to go that far, 1/100 would already be terrific.

2 For previous purpose it would be fine to define a center of rotation anywhere then to have fractions of degrees.

3 Then I would like to be able to select & edit points of an object were I would need it, like corners of a furniture.

4 Last but not least, to be able to define ends of walls like with lines from Illustrator (square that overflows or stops sharply, acute angle, rounded...)

5 B-spline curves and corners… blushing

6 Sides as editable map not as picture. silly

biggrin
[Aug 17, 2023, 8:32:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Rules é markers, select points, fraction of units, angles…

Not being familiar with Adobe Illustrator, I don't understand most of what you are asking.

SH3D is meant to be a relatively simple to use interior design software. Basically: construct in 2D, see in 3D. The last few years several features have been added geared towrds architectural design.

What has not been added to the program, nor in the way of pkug-ins, are features geared towards 3D design (use Blender, Art of Illusion etc) or 2D design (use GIMP, etc).

Although I'm not the developer, just a long time user, I think it's highly unlikely that your "2D wishes" will appear anytime soon.

Hans
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Aug 17, 2023, 11:27:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

These aren't 2D wishes but precision wishes p.e to use with Multiplication plugin.
Lately I built a Polycarbonat panel inside SHD3 and 1 mm is a lot for these small parts. And it is uneasy to centre an object with a non-pair measurement in mm. It would be easier to grab it by a corner to align its side than its centrum.
[Aug 17, 2023, 2:15:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

I meant it is possible to chose a point to make a rotation in Multiplication plugin (and to move some point from surfaces), why isn't impossible to move furnitures ?

My concern is SH3D is good & nice when it may be great (almost perfect). But today it needs to use tricks, sort of hacking, instead of being really practical. Just thinking about negative elevations I often found asked in the forum.
[Aug 18, 2023, 10:52:27 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved