Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1597 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
JoolsH

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
angry Black Screen on Display

Does anyone know why I have a black screen in my display. I just installed SH3D on my new computer.
[Aug 25, 2023, 11:44:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Black Screen on Display

OS? Graphics card? Sweet Home 3D version?

AMD graphics on windows: see this topic: https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,11888_lastpage,yes (Update graphics driver)

On Linux: try the startup script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 instead of the default SweetHome3D.

If none of these work first supply your system specifications and Sweet Home 3D version.
[Aug 26, 2023, 5:56:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoolsH

United States

I have an HP Desktop
PROCESSOR: AMD Ryzen 5 5625U with Radeon Graphics
INSTALLED RAM: 16.0 GB (15.4 GB usable)
DEVICE ID: 8101D2BA-3777-4B2E-BC2A-6D14E63145BB
PRODUCT ID: 00342-20972-65741-AAOEM
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
I am not familiar with Linux, so I am lost as to what to do to resolve the black display scree issue.
[Sep 5, 2023, 3:35:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoolsH

United States

Oh I forgot to add my sweet home version 7.1! I paid for new version, and I do not want to pay for another, so I hope someone has an answer.
[Sep 5, 2023, 3:47:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Not familiar with Linux so I assume Windows?
What version of Sweet Home 3d and did you install the 32bit or 64bit? (see the About dialog box)

Most likely you must update your graphics driver (see this post: https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/vie...ad,11888_offset,100#58297 )
And make sure you installed the latest 64bit version (7.1).
[Sep 5, 2023, 3:56:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JoolsH

United States

I fixed it! I uninstalled my version and re-installed the 7.1.1, and it is working great.
Thank you!
[Sep 5, 2023, 6:01:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved