Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 166
Posts: 166   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32437 times and has 165 replies Next Thread
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I want to show you my way to make light come out of chandeliers. The trick is to use the magic invisible hemispheres directed inward again. They are useful here too. I made a group of two hemispheres and got a cocoon. I placed glass lampshades inside it. And they caught fire! Almost all the energy of such hemispheres is directed inward, so the lamps burn with fire, and residual light goes to the walls, not the main one. In the first picture, three pendant lights are just so illuminated. The color of the hemispheres is orange for the hanging groups and white for the central chandelier. A good and simple way to simulate a lit lamp. The power of each hemisphere in the cocoon (there are 2 of them here) is 8%. Well, as always, the filling light in the room has 10 towers of 1-2% of different colors.

rendering brightness is 2.9 on the scale, the third level of quality, 2000x2000 pixels
[Dec 7, 2023, 6:26:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Beautiful work! I always look forward too your images with great light work.
This is another one which I'm sure will be very helpful for many users wanting to add chandeliers with correct lighting.
[Dec 7, 2023, 10:14:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Thanks Keet! I really want someone to do their job according to this scheme.. eh. But I'll still pick at this sore and maybe I'll wait))
[Dec 7, 2023, 10:34:06 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

for more information about the hemispheres in chandeliers and plafonds, see here https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,12622
[Dec 11, 2023, 7:46:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

In a neighboring topic, I began to study a way to simulate Swarovski crystals. The mechanism of light beam dispersion cannot be fully reproduced in SH3D, it can only be simulated. And the method of a Brightly lit billboard with a rainbow pattern is well suited for this. Here I told you about this method in more detail https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,12818#60654 . The main idea is to place a very bright shield behind the viewer, illuminated by an invisible unidirectional panel (from the panel of new light tools.

I made a shield 1 meter high and 5 meters wide, surrounded it with a frame so that there was no illumination from the panel to the sides. I raised the whole structure to a height of 210 cm so that there would be no glare in the two glass cases on the far wall of the room.

In order for the effect of the billboard to act only on chandeliers, it is necessary to exclude shiny surfaces in areas of possible reflections, and assign a matte gloss everywhere in these places. In my case, the reflections should not be below 2 meters on the opposite wall (the viewer's eye level is set as 150 cm). I also analyzed the visual effect on photos of real chandeliers and realized that it is difficult to get a wow effect on a very light background, preferably a dark or even black background. Therefore, I lowered the power of all filling hemispherical light towers to 1% (there were 2% each). And I increased the brightness of the render a little. The ceiling darkened a little, the colors became a little brighter. In general, the experiment resulted in an imitation of rainbow highlights on crystals. I can't say it's wow, but it's not just plain gray glass anymore. You can use it sometimes if you want variety. By the way, I assigned the panel power to 100%, so that I could be sure. The drawing can be selected and changed, in some places my reflections are too wide and flat. And of course, on low-quality trial renderers, you have to try to find the right options, although you won't be able to understand the fine lines.

[Dec 26, 2023, 6:57:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tutmozis

Serbia

For rendering photos, I use a brightness level of 1.8 on the scale, so it's so dark in the frame right now

Yes, I noticed you use dark settings at Light brightness. Is that a must to get realistic picture, or you can do it with more light at 3D view, but then lower the power at light sources to get the same effect ?
[Dec 26, 2023, 10:25:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

I didn't quite understand what you mean, I'm sorry. If you need to consider something, then I just increase the brightness and move the models, fixtures, to see everything (there is a convenient way to click on the scale on the brightness scale and the brightness increases by exactly one division from the previous setting. You can both increase the brightness and also decrease it in the opposite direction exactly to the previous level, very conveniently done). What happens in the end - I only guess from my experience and try fast renderers as 150-200 to make sure. Then I run a long render as 2000 normally. I believe that often reconfiguring the fixtures (their power) does not help, rather it hinders and confuses. Although maybe I don't know something and there is a reliable algorithm... I never thought about it.
[Dec 26, 2023, 10:48:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Tutmozis I think I got it. If the scenario is very simple (for example, ten non-bright balls in a room), then the total lighting power will be small. And then you can work with a high or medium brightness level of the render. But when a complex scene begins, where there are, for example, two hundred such lamps (in my scene there are generally about 300 of different types), then the total total power grows catastrophically by leaps and bounds. And the program is forced to offer the lowest rendering brightness options. To increase this brightness level, you have to set minimum power values, for example, for hemispherical towers 1-2%. But if there is bright daylight (made artificially, with the help of spheres or panels of 30-50%), then it does not work out to reach the average level. No way. But we must try to restrain ourselves and either reduce the number of lamps (but this can produce light spots or rough lighting without imitating reflexes), or increase the number, but assign the minimum power immediately. I always try to go the second way. There are a lot of lamps and not very bright ones. And then there is a chance to render on 2-3 brightness scales, and this is the color and the absence of grain. Less than 2 is often a bad kind of picture, gray and grainy. So my advice for realistic visualizations is to put a lot of low-power hemispheres 1-2%, add chains of dozens of small spheres to them (diode illumination) and there is a chance to stay at a normal brightness level. I do not know a way to proportionally reduce the power of all the fixtures in SH3D, just immediately set the minimum where possible and check the result for poor quality.
[Dec 27, 2023, 3:52:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tutmozis

Serbia

Tutmozis I think I got it. If the scenario is very simple...

Thanks for your brilliant answer. It’s awesome info for future rendering skills.
However my question was simpler, see the image and you will understand what I was asking.

[Dec 27, 2023, 5:40:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

I'm not aiming for certain settings, no. Rather, I'm trying to create an opportunity to meet certain boundaries. Using simple methods. There are many lamps with low power, where possible. And 1.8 or 2 or 2.4 is not the goal for the scale. This is a wish. And then how will it work out. Sometimes it doesn't work out at all and you have to simplify everything. I think it's interesting to find a compromise between quantity and quality. I will continue to look for this balance, because the complexity of the scene lighting affects the rendering time. The last picture was loaded for 55 hours, I'm even ashamed of this result. It is necessary to clean the excess, this is nonsense.
[Dec 27, 2023, 6:12:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 166   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved