Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 166
Posts: 166   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33519 times and has 165 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

A person sitting in a chair will be difficult. You could find a picture of a person sitting in chair and use the same method with a box but it won't look the same. There's too much depth missing. It will only work if you can set the point of view (camera) exactly in front of the picture-box, so no side deviation. That it works with a (standing) person is because there's very little depth to a person if seen from the front. There you have a little leeway in the camera angle.
[Jan 19, 2024, 4:35:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Yes, I understand. But I'm already thinking about how I'm going to deceive the viewer. I hope to show you the result in a couple of days.
[Jan 19, 2024, 8:43:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Tutmozis

Serbia

I tried using AI Generative Fill from Photoshop to put a woman in chair, but the results was quite bad.
I managed better, just to find image from net where a person sit at that direction and put it there, mask it.

It would be very hard to manage that on 3D...
[Jan 19, 2024, 9:15:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
biggrin Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

The star party is in full swing, the guests are arriving. I think it is very important to put the image in its place in strict accordance with its shadows. For example, Uma Thurman with a sword in her right hand and she was lucky that the window was on the right side, otherwise she would have to be left-handed and mirrored. Chiaroscuro is more important. John is illuminated by the overhead light, a place under the built-in lamps will suit him, and so on. Nothing can be done with a thin white outline, it is strongly visible on black suits, people immediately turn into life-size figures on foam board. But there's nothing to be done.. I still don't know how to deal with heavily overexposed places (Uma Thurman's face is at the window), I've already turned and tilted, it doesn't help. Everything is fine in the original photo. But the reality effect itself works great. Thanks again to Keet for the idea. Yes, I also realized that the shadows are not so pronounced and they come not only from the shapes, but also from the entire field of the transparent frame, so you can crop the image more compactly in advance. Sitting figures at work, fighting))
[Jan 20, 2024, 8:00:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The white outline should be solvable by simply making them darker. That will require a lot of work in Gimp or Photoshop and besides that you will still need the original image for display on brighter backgrounds. It probably comes down to finding and preparing pictures for every photo you want to create. That's a lot of work but it will make it look very good.
Better shadows probably require specific lights just to create those shadows. That might disturb the normal lighting for the room.
Good point about the shadow on Uma's trousers, I didn't notice it until you pointed it out. Another thing to keep in mind when searching for pictures.

Overall I think the method is a good alternative for those users with computers that can't handle rendering photo's with 3D models for people.
[Jan 20, 2024, 8:12:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

so far, I see that the white outlines appear only when rendering. It seems to me that this is a feature of the processing of the box model, and not the contour in the image initially, which can be corrected. That's why I don't know what to do. He's everywhere!!! Or am I wrong? Do you have this outline in your renderers?
[Jan 20, 2024, 9:19:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Did you make all sides of the box except the front invisible before exporting?
After export/import the 'box' should have a depth of 0 so I don't see how the renderer can process that.
Also, the box is square and the white line is around the person so I don't see how the box itself can be the cause of the white line. My guess is that it is the fading to transparent in the picture.

Try it with a picture of a black square on a transparent background. The square shouldn't have a fading outline but go directly from black to transparent from one pixel to the next. Then see if the white line persists. If not then the fading to transparent is the cause of the white line.
If the fading is the problem then the picture must be edited to eliminate that fade. The picture on its own will look a little strange but once on the box and in the project the white line should be gone.
[Jan 20, 2024, 12:33:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
sad Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

as expected, sitting people turn out to be difficult. I realized that this model works like a film stained glass window, so the figure on the windowsill is very bright from the lamp from the street. I couldn't remove this extra brightness. On the contrary, the man in the chair turned out to be too dark at first. I placed a 10% elongated sphere behind his back, highlighted it too brightly. The problem with space was solved simply - I made an additional left leg of the foot-knee separately and moved it forward with a slight increase. But at first, for some reason, it turned out to be very dark. I also had to highlight it from behind with a vertical sphere and did not guess the power . I put a "prosthesis" out of the box behind the sphere so that it would give shade to the chair, as if from the foot. But something didn't work out. In general, I am not happy with the result at all, there are many different incomprehensible effects that cannot be easily solved. But you can put people on chairs, only they will look worse than those standing next to them.
[Jan 21, 2024, 6:53:07 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
confused Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I must have done something wrong. I just took your model with the name box-women and opened it in my file in the program. There are no sides of the box, there is one position that can be changed to its own texture. Initially, the thickness of the model is 0. If you change the dimensions, the thickness changes and it can be reduced to 0.1, but not to 0. If you make the thickness larger, the location of the image in space does not shift, remains in the same place. It's like she's still thin. The model works. Should I do something about it?
[Jan 21, 2024, 7:17:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

That's what I mentioned in my previous post: Create the box so it's front size is the same as the pixel-size of the photo you use. Place the photo on the front and make the other sides invisible. Making the other sides invisible is important because invisible parts are not exported which means only the front face is exported. Then when you import again you have a model without sides that can cause reflection. I edited the obj and mtl files to change the material name to "Woman". After import you can resize the model by checking "Keep proportions" and change the height to the persons height. Then export/import again to have a model with the correct size for re-use.

Because it's only the front face its depth is 0.
You can increase the depth of the imported model but when you look at it in the 3Dview you will see that the image itself is still 0 and centered in the box. Since there is nothing on the sides of the box it's just the bounding box you increased, not the model itself.

Make sure to use a .png image. With a .png the backside of the face displays the mirrored 'backside' of the photo like in my model.

I have to say your tests display very promising results, much better than I thought was possible. With the correct picture, one that fits the needed shadows, the result is very close to life like. It's still much easier to use a 3D model but very few 3D models of people are real life like.

The box-photo method has one huge advantage: you can use a photo of anything you want. You can place your own family in a house including the cat, the dog, and the kids toy car.

I created a second model for testing: I used a slightly curved wall instead of a box. I had to edit in Blender to remove all faces except the front because you can't do that with a wall in Sweet Home 3D. wall-woman.zip
[Jan 21, 2024, 8:33:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 166   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved