Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 167
Posts: 167   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 33812 times and has 166 replies Next Thread
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
biggrin Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I'm sorry! I just realized that this is not a special magic model, but a simple box))). Your curved model is interesting, but has a very important drawback. On a curved surface, the proportions of the width are greatly distorted, for example, the fingers on the right are stretched and greatly shortened on the left. It is better to use a straight box. And I also realized that the white contour is my poor image processing, not a problem with SH3D, I will try in another version and in other ways to make a transparent background.
[Jan 21, 2024, 9:24:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I found a rare option - a couple of photos of the figure from the front and back. My case is with a reflection in the mirror above the sink, so the reflection will only be up to chest level, there will be no reflection below. This is very good, because it is almost impossible to find a full-length figure with a complete match along the contour of two photos from the front and back. I divided these two images into two separate ones with the same field sizes, cleaned the background to transparent, retouched the watermarks a little)) in Paint. I created two boxes with a thickness of 2mm and with the proportions of the photo field, height 170 cm. On the first box, I placed a photo from the face on the front, and made all other sides invisible. On the second box, I placed a rear view on the back side. I combined these two boxes, moved the front photo to the maximum match with the back photo. The sandwich turned out to be 2 mm thick. If you make the gap less than 1mm, then sometimes when moving the group, the images changed places. I had to increase the gap to 2mm. Such a gap is not visible on the render almost. As expected, I couldn't completely combine the two images, especially my legs and arms suffered. But I decided to make it easier. I cleaned the front figure from below to the level of the abdomen and slightly pursed (narrowed) the remaining arms. It looks creepy, but you remember that the PNG image is mirrored on both sides, and thin handles when superimposed on the rear mirror image will be perfectly lost against the background of the same normal hands. But the main image from the back will be without additional fragments coming out. He placed a sphere in front of his face-a lamp with a power of 7%. Overall, I am satisfied. It is unrealistic to get such an image even with a high-quality 3d Model, in SH3D difficulties with uniform lighting in a confined space. And the photo is already perfectly illuminated. The effect is very natural. I couldn't solve a very important task. For this arrangement of the viewer, I needed to make a mirror image on the boxes. For some reason, such a mirror image on the render turns out to be completely black. Everything looks fine on the 3d view, only everything is black on the reader. I'll figure it out later.

[Jan 24, 2024, 8:27:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Incredible! You've taken this much further than I thought was possible. Finding two photo's front and back that match is indeed rare, unless you create them yourself. There are (online) watermark removers that might give you fast and good results. Nowadays they use AI which should work better than just replacing the watermark color with Paint or GIMP.

The end result is stunningly realistic. Only because I know it's a flat photo I can recognize it (right shoe) but someone who isn't looking for it wouldn't notice.

выдающееся достижение!
(marvelous achievement!)
[Jan 24, 2024, 9:23:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
smile Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Thanks Keet! Moving on!)
[Jan 24, 2024, 9:59:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

Superb work, you don't give up and the result lives up to your ambitions. Bravo, you've opened up new horizons for SH3D production.
[Jan 24, 2024, 4:03:41 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
smile Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Thanks to Vinci68! I have a small petting zoo almost ready, tomorrow I want to share it with you. A lot of new thoughts.
[Jan 24, 2024, 5:35:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Smile). Meet Alice, the Cat, the Dog and the white Goat with a green twig in his mouth (you can see it in the mirror), the picture through his eyes. When the render was half loaded, I realized that this picture was a good test for graduates of the police academy. The test is to find the criminal in the photo. What can an attentive viewer say? A dog is a holy soul. He is in love and is ready to die immediately for his Queen. It's simple here. Alice, like all cute pretty girls, cannot pass by the mirror, she is kind, smiling and always surrounded by fans. But take your time.. A goat with a fresh twig in his mouth - it is clear that he got into the bathroom right from the street and was in a hurry, there was some important reason. But what happened?! And now the most important thing. No cat will be able to climb on this shelf. Claws won't help, the towel rails are smooth, and there are no other ways up. Was he forcibly placed there? And there are a lot of questions at once. Who! Why? And most importantly, how will he get back? From such a height, only an unintelligent young cat can jump onto the tile, and our Cat is clearly not young. Is this really a punishment for a crime? Ate all the sour cream, stole a sausage from the stove? But every animal has the right to hunt. And there's only one character who can put a cat on a shelf, and that's Alice. So sweet and so devious?! Putting a cat in a desperate situation is heartless. I'm sure the Goat showed up here for a reason, he's an undercover agent. The secret services introduced him into the family to help the investigation. There's probably a more serious unsolved crime, and we need leads. And here is the direct evidence. In front of us in the photo is a potential criminal, Alice prepares obedient assistants for a daring robbery. The dog has been ready for a long time, the Cat will soon submit. It is difficult to sit on the shelf for a long time, you will want to eat. Oh, if a long scarf had been tied to the towel rail, the girl would have had an ironclad alibi. But now the girl needs to be watched very carefully, the crime is close. The goat did well, took a picture in time, helped the cops. But in fact, I am proud of something completely different. I learned how to hang a towel on any crossbar of a half-heated towel rail. In the next topic, I will tell you how this can be done. The towel here is also not a model, but a box with a photo. I turned Alice over in a mirror using a photo editor, not using SH3D, it turned out to be more reliable. If the image is not superimposed, then you can flip the box 180 degrees. But the sandwich method gives an error, if you sharply rotate a group of two thin boxes with a small clearance, they may stick together unexpectedly, there is some kind of bug in the program. Therefore, it is better to prepare the image in advance and put the photo in its place, do not twist or mirror it.
[Jan 25, 2024, 3:26:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
rose Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

to hang a towel on the crossbar, you need to find a towel on the Internet from an angle. They're almost all like that, just above and to the side. You need to save such an image in a graphic editor (I use Photoshop online) using the Deformation tool to stretch the image so that the top becomes strictly horizontal. After that, you need to make three copies of this image. The first is a full-fledged towel, you need to clean the background on it and save everything in PNG.

The second picture is the front of the towel along with a piece of chrome crossbar.

The third picture is the entire back without the chrome piece, you also need to make the background transparent.

Now, if you need to hang a towel on the lowest crossbar, you can take the first full-fledged picture, as I had before. If you need to hang the towel above, then use two boxes - one in front of the crossbar with the front of the towel, the second behind the crossbar with the back of the towel.

The back box can be stretched in width to remove the gap between the parts of the towel.

When you move everything and combine it as needed, you can group these boxes. And now you can raise and lower this group to any level of the crossbars. Everything will be perfect.

And as a bonus, a light shadow will most likely appear against the wall from the towel. This method has a huge advantage over the model - there are very transparent shadows (as in the photo), there are no dark places at all near the wall and in the folds of the fabric, the perfect picture.
[Jan 25, 2024, 4:35:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You'd be surprised at the impossible places a cat reach :D
Great work with the towel. If you had not told it I wouldn't have noticed that it is a photo too. The possibilities seem to be endless and open up a way to add furniture for which there is no 3D model. The dog and cat look great, not fading lines around it and you fixed the line around Alice too or did you just turn the image around?

Great trick with the towel and it works very, very well.

A little present for all your efforts, since you are the light expert: a photo-box with Tinkerbell and a lighting wand.

Here's the zip with the obj/mtl, image, and .sh3f library: https://dodecagon.nl/upload/Tinkerbell/Tinkerbell.zip

If it wasn't obvious: that's a real Sweet Home 3D light for which you can change the color and light intensity.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Jan 25, 2024, 6:19:14 PM]
[Jan 25, 2024, 6:15:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Dear Keet, my magic wand is not burning.. In the settings, there is only a fairy and a light color setting. There is no brightness setting... what to do? The wand is very necessary.. I put a red sphere on the light, but that's not it... sad
[Jan 25, 2024, 9:34:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 167   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved