Blog

Index  | Recent Threads  | List Attachments  | Search
 Welcome Guest  |  Register  |  Login
Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 166
Posts: 166   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 32790 times and has 165 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Because it has a light you have to import the .sh3f library and not the obj/mtl otherwise the light is 'lost'. Just importing the obj/mtl will have a property 'Sparkle' but it won't do anything.
The Furniture Library adds the property for the light. Import it and then use the object from the Catalog, then you can set the light power and it will function as a light for photo rendering.

By-the-way, this is just a proof-of-concept. I know how to create a light but that's pretty much where it ends for me. Members like enkonyito will probably be horrified with how I created the light and can most likely create a much better light source than I did.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Jan 25, 2024, 10:03:59 PM]
[Jan 25, 2024, 10:00:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
applause Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Yes! Now I understand and it turned out! Thanks for the great tool and new features) Thank you for sharing such an unusual development! On the other hand, I am very glad that everyone can solve the problem in their own way, it's great! I will continue advertising hemispheres again)))) Here in the picture there are only hemispheres and nothing else. I am sure that it is possible to make this picture in a completely different way with other tools.

[Jan 26, 2024, 8:43:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

As usual you know how to take a little idea much further. That's a lot more than the simple image of Tinkerbell I gave you to play with!
I'm sure a lot of members will study our little back-and-forth play with photo-boxes. And have proven once again that hemispheres are a great tool for lighting, even with a flat photo.
[Jan 26, 2024, 9:28:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
cool Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I cleaned the background of the butterflies and placed 300 butterflies in the field, just like real fairies)). There are 7 sites with different areas, I used both the top surfaces of the cylinders (I made the rest of the surfaces invisible, and familiar boxes. There are 50 butterflies on each one, something did not get into the frame. The cylinders were lifted off the ground by 6-9 cm. Under them are invisible panels pointing upwards, cherry and white, 3-6%. The backlight from above did not work out, you need to figure out how to highlight images on a transparent background better. It doesn't work very well from below either. As soon as the new lights started, the whole effect of the contrasting night illumination was smoothed out, but now 300 butterflies are flying))).

[Jan 26, 2024, 9:15:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Bravo, GaudiGalopin and keet! This is a very interesting and now poetic thread...
[Jan 26, 2024, 9:53:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
rose Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Thank you VeroniQ!
[Jan 26, 2024, 9:55:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I am sure that it is possible to make this picture in a completely different way with other tools.
You said it in a previous post. Who needs Photoshop? Sweet Home 3D is the tool! And even in Sweet Home 3D this could be produced in different ways. I would need a good dose of your artistic touch though :D
I bet Emmanuel never imagined that such art work would be produced with Sweet Home 3D. Once again: great work!
[Jan 26, 2024, 9:59:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
biggrin Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

I was called in to help fix a broken hatch. The hinge bent, one tile fell off. As dear Keet said, the box method allows you to insert whatever you want into the picture. In this house, the main pet is the puppy Stasi. Of course he ended up in the project)). Stasi helps to fix the whole bathroom! I did not set the task to completely repeat the existing interior, so there are differences, do not scold.

[Feb 4, 2024, 7:38:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
confused Re: Apartment project with lighting by invisible hemispheres. I continue advertising

Hi. I was interested in a vase with flowers in the bathroom interior. I downloaded it as a completely opaque model with several groups of textures inside. Petals, stems, stamens-pistils, glass, water. All this had to be changed individually with the help of changes in the MTL file. I spent a lot of time on experiments and did not get what I wanted in full, I really look forward to your advice. First of all, I realized that in order to get the effect of glowing delicate petals, you need to set the transparency coefficient "d" for them to an average value (range of values 0-1). If you leave the "1", then there will be ugly black shadows inside the buds, this does not happen in reality. And it is necessary to achieve a balance between the necessary transparency of the material and the absence of blackness inside the mold. I took the most difficult case, the white petals, for the purity of the experiment. So far, I am satisfied with the value of d 0.6. It turned out like in a watercolor drawing - green leaves are slightly visible, but in general the illuminated surfaces look snow-white. And of course it should be noted that the bouquet is illuminated by a group of two hemispheres facing inward, they form an irregularly shaped sphere and illuminate the buds from all sides evenly. I am happy with the result here. But then the experiments on glass went on. There are 4 parameters that need to be changed for the desired result. "d" should be set to 0.1. Then there is a mysterious coefficient Ks, which is probably responsible for the mirror effect of the material. I studied the mirror model in the SH3D library and saw that it was set to 0.5. Next comes the Ns coefficient, which is also responsible for mirroring, I did not understand which one.. It needs to be put up more, in the end I put up 1000 at all, this is probably the maximum, and I didn't notice much. And I would like to get a translucent MIRROR ball. The reflection becomes clearer when magnified, but there is no mirror effect. I'm waiting for your advice, I'm at a dead end. Then there is the Ni coefficient, it is responsible for the optical density, I set the model in the water group 1.7, the higher the value, the larger the stems under water, here we must not overdo it. I placed a small flashlight upside down on the back of the stems inside the vase. A very good tool, if all the details are made invisible, then it continues to work after death. It shines perfectly in the right direction, the power has been set to 50%. And if Ni changes, then the effect of the flashlight changes greatly. Sometimes it is very bright, sometimes it disappears from sight. I caught his desired effect at Ni 1.7. There is a hare sitting in the basket on a box with the rest of the sides invisible, with a flat sphere illuminated in front. There is an imperceptible reflection of the background with a sunset photo in the glass of the vase, but I could not achieve a strong mirror effect. What needs to be done for this? The mirror in the SH3D library has an Ns coefficient of 96, I tried the same, the effect is weak. Increased it to a maximum of 1000. I'm not happy anyway. What else can be done for mirrored glass?

[Feb 10, 2024, 7:39:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

the lighting for the vase is set like this. There are two hemispheres around the petals in the shape of a ball of 12 and 10% each. The upper illumination is a hemisphere of 15%. The hare with a front light is 8%. There are several weak high hemispheres around for the general illumination of the room by 3%.

[Feb 10, 2024, 7:52:15 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 166   Pages: 17   [ Previous Page | 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved