Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 37
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 3166 times and has 36 replies Next Thread
LaVache

Belgique
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Categories

OK now it doesn't find Java from /SW3D/Java but I guess I could make a link to it instead to copy the folder ?

I already successfully added a shortcut in my Menu but this run the script then nothing.

Entry in the menu for Sweet Home 3D is :
/usr/bin/flatpak run --branch=stable --arch=x86_64 --command=/app/bin/SweetHome3D --file-forwarding com.sweethome3d.Sweethome3d @@ %F @@
so that's the version I use but I also have another. d oh
[Sep 8, 2023, 10:34:50 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

1. When I've ask you "what you use" I mean the official linux installer version from here.
I've verified again to be sure if I've miss something and I don't find any flatpack, appimage or whatever.
2. Like I've said already, until you don't use the official installer and installed as official instructions, I can't help you.
3. You are free to experiment with whatever you want but you will be mostly alone.
Generally I don't get why some users prefer the hard way but this is not my job.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Sep 8, 2023, 11:31:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

What Linux distribution do you use?

On my Debian/Mate system I have this:
/your-directory-somewhere/SH3D/SweetHome3D-7.1 where the Sweet Home 3D 64 .tgz download is extracted.
After extracting the .tgz in that directory there are subdirectories runtime/bin where the Java runtime resides.

I use the Sweet Home 3D startup script SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 which looks like this:
#!/bin/sh

# Retrieve Sweet Home 3D directory
PROGRAM=`readlink "$0"`
if [ "$PROGRAM" = "" ]; then
PROGRAM=$0
fi
PROGRAM_DIR=`dirname "$PROGRAM"`

# Run Sweet Home 3D
exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/runtime/bin/java -Duser.name=Keet -Xmx6g -classpath "$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/SweetHome3D.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Furniture.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Textures.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Examples.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/Help.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/batik-svgpathparser-1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jeksparser-calculator.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/iText-2.1.7.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/freehep-vectorgraphics-svg-2.1.1c.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/sunflow-0.07.3i.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jmf.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dcore.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/j3dutils.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/vecmath.jar:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/jnlp.jar -Djava.library.path="$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib:"$PROGRAM_DIR"/lib/yafaray -Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.applicationId=SweetHome3D#Installer com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D -open "$1"
This is the original script where I have added "-Duser.name=Keet" and set the memory usage to 6Gb with "-Xmx6g".
The default script SweetHome3D should work the same.

For the Furniture Library Editor I have created this script in the same directory as the SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script:
#!/bin/sh
# Retrieve Sweet Home 3D directory
PROGRAM=`readlink "$0"`
if [ "$PROGRAM" = "" ]; then
PROGRAM=$0
fi
PROGRAM_DIR=`dirname "$PROGRAM"`

exec "$PROGRAM_DIR"/runtime/bin/java -Duser.name=Keet -jar /your-directory-somewhere/SH3D/tools/FurnitureLibraryEditor-1.31.jar -open "$1"

As you can see I have created a directory 'tools' in the SH3D directory I use for the Sweet Home 3D installation. In that directory I have the various versions of the Furniture and Texture Library Editor .jar files.
(You don't have to add the -Duser,name=?? to the script. I do that so it overrules the linux username that is otherwise used in .sh3d files. It's a security/privacy thing.)

With this setup Sweet Home 3D and the Furniture Library Editor use the same Java runtime in the runtime/bin directory. Of course I did the same for the TextureLibraryEditor.

You already know how to create the menu-items.
I don't use these because I always work from the file manager. After a new install I right-click a .sh3d file and select the 'Open with other application' option. Then I browse to the SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 script and select that. On Debian/Mate I have the checkbox 'Remember ...' which makes the choice the default for .sh3d files. From now on I can just double-click on any .sh3d file and it will start Sweet Home 3D with that project.
You can do the same for library files and of course for another version of Sweet Home 3D like the beta.
[Sep 8, 2023, 12:03:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Yes I understood but I forgot I also installed a Flatpack from my repository. I really thought I'm using the official Linux installer. I tested this official installation and it crashed too, even using its own Java version because it has its Runtime folder.

I'll begin to remove the Flatpack installation.
[Sep 8, 2023, 12:04:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Result is :

[Sep 8, 2023, 12:11:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you are using the SweetHome3D script try using the SweetHome3D-Java3D-1_5_2 instead.
[Sep 8, 2023, 12:19:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

Yep, that works.
[Sep 8, 2023, 12:24:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

I finally succeeded to launch Furniture Library Editor trough its script but it still crashes saying after relaunching .sh3f file is invalid.

Texture Library Editor says same about .sh3t file without to have open a file.
[Sep 8, 2023, 1:40:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

The script for the Furniture Library Editor I offered is meant to open a library using a double-click in the file manager.
If you want to use the script to just start the editor remove the part -open "$1" from the last line.
(If you use the script as is and run it directly it tries to open the library passed by the $1 command line parameter. Since there is no such parameter the 'file' is invalid.)
[Sep 8, 2023, 2:29:21 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LaVache

Belgique

It looks like another Archive manager.
And the Editor keeps crash when I try to edit something in my file.
[Sep 8, 2023, 5:16:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 37   Pages: 4   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 4 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved