Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 474 times and has 1 reply Next Thread

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to do sloped floors, ramps & ceilings?

How to do sloped floors, ramps & ceilings?

I need to draw on occasions slope floors, ramps and sloped interior ceilings.
How can I do that In a simple way? I was looking i.e. for the floor function to have a sizable thickness function.

For example a function were I have a rectangular floor and I can enter that on point A is 0, point B also 0 but on point C and D is 4 inches higher. Thus depending on the length between A to C and B to D accordingly the slope is.

This would be typical for a garage floor which slopes down towards the garage door.

Ceilings are a similar situation. Let's say a ceiling across the room inclines from the standard room height by the window towards the other side by 1 m or feet whatever you're measure in.
[Sep 24, 2023, 8:46:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: How to do sloped floors, ramps & ceilings?

You can't slope a room (floor) but you can use a triangle for a sloping garage floor or a ramp. Alternatively you can use a very wide and low wall, from 0.1 to 4 inches on the other end.

A sloping ceiling depends on what king of ceiling you want. The most common way is to use a box that you tilt. If you need a hole in the ceiling: first create a wall the size of the ceiling and insert a service hatch where the hole must be. Export wall and hatch, import and tilt.
[Sep 24, 2023, 9:13:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved