Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2075 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Light refraction and mirror effect rendering.

Exporting rooms is a little different than with other objects. With only one level and elevation left at 0 a room has only one face (or two if a ceiling is included) if there are no extra levels. This is because a room "sinks" into the level below. If there is no level below there is just a single flat face.

If you want to export a room that has a thickness >0 just add a level -1 below level 0 and uncheck the ceiling display of the room. Unchecking the ceiling is important because otherwise export will generate a separate face at wall height above the floor.
After export/import you can adjust the thickness so no need to set a floor thickness before export.

But I divided it into 4 parts, in order I can build greenhouses of different lenght: 2 parts for the metal skeleton, and 2 parts for the plastic cover.
That's what I did too, a single part open on both ends and a part closed on one side with doors that can be used as the ends for a row of open parts. See the files I made available.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Oct 3, 2023, 6:21:46 PM]
[Oct 3, 2023, 6:18:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Walter125

I had a look at the greenhouse you designed, it is a great work.

With my 3D model, I still have a too much mirror effect on the surfaces.

When the surface faces the camera, perpendicular to the camera direction, there is a few mirror effect. But the more the surface is mear to be parallel to the camera direction, the more there is a mirror effect.

I tried to set d value to 1.0, and there was no mirror effect at all. But, for a d value of 0.99, there is the mirror effect.
[Oct 4, 2023, 7:40:39 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Walter125

I have inverted the normals of the back and front faces of the flat cover, and now there is no mirror effect at all.

It seems to be linked to normals, I will have to investigate this.
[Oct 4, 2023, 7:56:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
YGYL
Advanced Member

cool Re: Light refraction and mirror effect rendering.

I have inverted the normals of the back and front faces of the flat cover, and now there is no mirror effect at all.

It seems to be linked to normals, I will have to investigate this.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/ufljos54lgigj74/20231128224736.png/file

Since I've briefly looked into this before, let me tell you about it
This is supposed to be a bug in the JAVA rendering engine. it triggers when the view angle is large.
First of all, this rendering engine doesn't support many parameters in .mtl. It only supports the most basic 3 parameters, so no matter how you change them in .mtl, it will be the same.
The D parameter inside .mtl has to be as low as 0.1 to have any effect. And the same problem of incorrect refraction

To solve this problem is not difficult, there is a simple way: replace the default glass color with a translucent solid color texture.
The downside is that the throughput is greatly reduced, which requires adding a few times the brightness of the light.
I hope that the official feature of "replacing the default glass color with a solid color texture" will be added.
[Nov 28, 2023, 3:19:55 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved