Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1231 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
kawal

India
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
View 3d model of the created house on mobile

Hello

Which is the best way to view our created house on browser (desktop/laptop) or on mobile phone? I am assuming I must select all and export the project into .obj file or is there any other efficient way? I am wondering which is the best way to view it on browser or phone?

Thanks
[Oct 4, 2023, 11:09:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: View 3d model of the created house on mobile

If it has to be from a browser read up on the Export to HTML5 plug-in.
[Oct 4, 2023, 12:19:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kawal

India

That help.. Thanks Keet
What about mobile phone? how to navigate in rooms and other places of the the obj file?
[Oct 4, 2023, 3:26:44 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If the mobile phone browser supports WebGL there should be no problem.
The first post of the link I provided explains what the limitations are, mainly a max size for the project:
And yes, I repeat, the result works on smartphones and tablets compatible with WebGL, including iOS and Android devices as well as zoom gestures available on touch screens. If you mainly target these platforms, don't be too greedy, because the compatibility with WebGL on those devices doesn't guaranty you can load and run a home file of any size on them (10 MB is probably a reasonable limit nowadays).

[Oct 4, 2023, 4:47:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

If you don't know where to host the files exported by the plug-in, you could also try Exported homes manager.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 4, 2023, 6:12:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

@Emmanuel, is the Exported homes Manager also available for install on private servers?
If it is, is there some kind of user management so I could give a select group access for viewing?
[Oct 4, 2023, 6:33:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kawal

India

I can see the top view on mobile and I can navigate too. I was wondering if virtual tour navigation is possible on mobile devices. Like the one we have in sh3d software, the virtual visitor
[Oct 5, 2023, 10:19:14 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
kawal

India

I am so sorry, I did not see the virtual visit at the bottom left order. I checked it and I can navigate on mobile browser. Thanks
[Oct 5, 2023, 11:46:36 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you open the viewHome.html file with a text editor you can change some settings in the viewHome(...) function call.
For example changing the start level, set which levels are selectable, and some camera settings.
[Oct 5, 2023, 12:27:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Is the Exported homes Manager also available for install on private servers?
No, because it strongly depends on how the database is organised on sweethome3d.com, with the forum being used as SSO (Single Sign-On).
If it is, is there some kind of user management so I could give a select group access for viewing?
It rather grants view access to all or keeps the home file private.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 5, 2023, 2:36:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved