Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 966 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
clabos

Sverige
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Plugin problem vs Windows app store - SH3D won't start

Hi
I have a problem - SH3D hangs at startup on my Windows 11 machine. It worked perfectly fine until I installed the Wirings plugin. I bought the application (yes, that is how good it is!!) from the MS app store. Normally I don't have a problem locating the program's directory on my computer, but things from the app store goes into the c:\users\... structure and for some reason I can only find an abandonded folder under \AppData\Local\Packages\eTeks.SweetHome3D_y7v7etvrysvmm -- there are no executables, plugins or anything else apart from settings.dat (which can be deleted but does not help) and two settings files in the \Helium folder (which also don't help if I delete them).

This is what happens:
1) I start the SH3D application from the start menu.
2) I see the SH3D splash screen until a message pops up explaining "This file has wirings created with an old verion of the Wirings-plugin which didn't supported levels correctly."
3) Nothing happens.
4) The process explorer shows that "zulu platform x64 architecture" iss running. I can't try to restart SH3D until I kill this, but it won't help since I come back to step #2.

How can I manually remove the Wirings plugin? I have tried to reinstall the app of course, but the plugins just stick... Any help is much appreciated - I need to get back into the software before my builders come :)

/Claes
[Oct 6, 2023, 10:29:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clabos

Sverige
Re: Plugin problem vs Windows app store - SH3D won't start

I am going to answer my own question. It was really simple after all.

I renamed the folder "c:\[USER]\eTeks\Sweet Home 3D" to something else and then restarted the application.

It was then just a matter of installing the Plugin Manager and then locate the Wirings plugin, but this time I didn't import the pre-selected beta version, I chose an earlier non-beta one instead.

Sorry about creating a thread for this but perhaps someone will find it useful later.
[Oct 6, 2023, 3:23:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

No problem Claes. It's great you could find a working solution.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Oct 6, 2023, 4:13:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Hi clabos,
I'm the developer of the Wirings plugin, if you could share your SH3D file I could try to fix the bug.

Best regards
[Oct 6, 2023, 6:24:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clabos

Sverige

Hi Daniels118. I haven't used SH3D for more than a couple of weeks so I am not sure how it works, but it seems as the application always starts "empty" without loading the latest plan I had in the editor when I closed the application before. The error occurred at the initial startup, before I was able to load my sh3d file.

I am happy to share my project if you think it helps, but I haven't added any wiring to it yet. I am looking forward to explore your plugin.
[Oct 6, 2023, 11:46:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

From the Wiring thread about the last beta:
Compatible with SweetHome3D 7.2 and Pan 3D View 4.0 beta.
Requires Pan 3D View 4.0 beta or later.
I don't know if the MS app store offers the latest version of Sweet Home 3D (I don't have any Windows machines so I can't verify).
It would help Daniels118 if you can confirm that you have installed Sweet Home 3D version 7.2 AND the Pan 3D View version 4.0 plug-in.
[Oct 7, 2023, 8:52:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
clabos

Sverige

Hi. I got SH3D v7.2.1 from the Windows store. I didn't have the Pan 3D View plugin installed at all before.
Right now I am running Pan 3D v4.0 and Wirings 4.3 and everything seems to be working well.
Thanks all for your feedback and comments, much appreciated!
[Oct 8, 2023, 8:07:11 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved