Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4580 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
seballa

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Recover corupt file

Hi

I toyed around with SH3D today. When I finished my room, I saved it and tried to unzip the file succefully. After that I reopened the file did some changes and saved again. Unfortunatly something got wrong and I cannot open the file anymore now. I tried to zip the files again and rename the file but sweethome3d can't open them.

How do I repack an unziped sh3d file? Just ZIP and rename doesnt work
[Jan 8, 2010, 5:49:28 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Recover corupt file

It's not because a SH3D file is some kind of ZIP file that you should play with it in a zip program! sad

The only tip I can give you is that Home entry must be the first entry in a SH3D file, if you want Sweet Home 3D be able to read it. Don't ask more if it still doesn't work after that...
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 8, 2010, 8:32:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
seballa

Thanks a lot Puybaret! It actually did work.

It was pure luck i played around with the file and unzipped it, because I did destroyed my file later.

This is what I did to repack the unzipped files:
I created a new ZIP only of the HOME file with winrar and used the compression setting: "save"

I then drag and droped all other files into this archive one by one in numeric order, after that I did the same with the folder.

I renamed the file from home.zip to myrecoveredfile.sh3d

AND IT WORKED.

THANKS
Seballa
[Jan 9, 2010, 12:49:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I'm glad you succeeded! smile

The next time you want to compress your SH3D file, use File > Save and compress menu item. It's much easier! wink
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2010, 1:01:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved