Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 250 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
Soulis

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Copy and paste method

How do I copy both top and bottom levels without copying anything on the grounds, because my plans are super busy?(as in a lot of stuff going on, on the property.) confused
----------------------------------------
Do villains see themselves as saviors, as would a hero? Based on the fact that most comic book villains (e.g: Marvel/DC) their motives are that they are trying to save or right some wrong. So are they really villains, anti-heroes or Anti-Villains?
[Nov 9, 2023, 4:00:10 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Copy and paste method

Not sure if this is what you want...
1 - CTRL-A to select everything
2 - MODIFYY FURNITURE --> INVISIBLE to make all you furniture invisible
3 - if necessary repeat for every level
4 - you should now have an empty building

Instead of making your furniture invisible, you could delete it and save the empty model under a different name
Or you could create levels at the same height for every level and copy the furniture to these levels. making the level invisible, lets the furniture "dïsappear"
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 9, 2023, 8:15:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Copy and paste method

Hans' last suggestion is definitely the best way and should (in your case) be your standard mode of operation: A separate level for the furniture. In some projects I do exactly that so I can move around furniture without affecting the base plan for that level. This way I can keep things like doors&windows separate from other furniture like tables and chairs.
Basically you add a level at the same elevation and move all furniture to that level. If you rename your levels you can make it clear what levels should be viewed together to see a complete level. (i.e. Ground1 & Furniture1 or something like that.)

How-to:
Make the original level the only level visible.
Click in your furniture list and press ctrl-A (bottom-left pane). This selects everything in your furniture list, but not everything in the 2D view.
You can deselect with ctrl+click in the list what you want to leave as part of the ground. Ctrl-X to cut all you selected.
Add the new level at the same elevation and paste.

Now you have everything visible like before but you can select either level separately to manage it.

After the split you can use ctrl+A in the 2D view to select everything on any level you select by making that level the only one visible. Note the difference between selecting in the furniture list and the 2D pane.
[Nov 9, 2023, 8:57:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved