Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 420 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Itsonlyafleshwound

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to resize entire floorplan?

Hello,

Newbie here, love this program!

I've drawn a plan of my 3rd gr-grandfather's farmhouse, but was guessing at the dimensions. I now know the approximate length and width and would like to reduce/resize what I have.

Is there a tool to reduce the overall size without redrawing every wall, window and door? For example, I need to go from 48ft to 40ft. on the long side.

I didn't find anything in the user guide.

I have v7.2, so looked at "Modify Dimension", but it remains grayed out no matter what I do.

Also have seen the "Auto Dimensioning" plugin, but not sure that's applicable.

(What exactly is SweetHome's definition of a "dimension"?)

Thanks for any help!
[Nov 16, 2023, 2:08:25 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to resize entire floorplan?

Install the AdvancedEdit plugin.
Look at the top-left menu to locate all plugins.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 16, 2023, 2:57:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

There is a function "Resize all selected items" which is part of the Advanced Edit plugin if I'm not mistaken.

First install the Plugin Manager which makes it much easier to install and update all other plugins. Read about it here: http://daniels118.altervista.org/sh3d/pluginmanager/ and download it here: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/44/ . Use it to install the Advanced Edit plugin which is one of the essential plugins for Sweet Home 3D. After install and restart you have extra icons in the menu bar and one of them is the "Resize all selected items". Select everything you want to resize and click on the menu icon. Then you can set how much you want to resize.

A word of warning using this method: Not everything might resize as you want it. To be honest, the function is not meant to resize a whole design. In your case I would just start with redrawing/resizing the base plan (walls, floors, etc.) and then move and fill in the rest because most furniture will have to remain the same size as was before. It's more work but the result will be much better.
[Nov 16, 2023, 3:01:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Itsonlyafleshwound

United States

Keet/hansmex,

Thanks for the response.

I get "Error Connection failed" from https://daniels118.altervista.org/sh3d/pluginmanager/, but was able to download from https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/44/.

Once installed (v1.5.2) and relaunched, I get "No enum constant" error in SweetHome3D.

Messaged the developer, but he's in Italy (11pm).

Any ideas?

(I'd post screenshots, but it's not really intuitive how to do that here)
[Nov 16, 2023, 10:03:34 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Make sure you have the latest version of Sweet Home 3D installed (7.2) otherwise the latest versions of some plugins won't work.
[Nov 16, 2023, 10:11:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Itsonlyafleshwound

United States

Yes, I do.
[Nov 16, 2023, 10:15:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Itsonlyafleshwound

United States

It's not the plugin itself that's the issue, it's the plugin manager.
[Nov 16, 2023, 10:16:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved