Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 456 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
crackwood01

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Help with rendering

Hi,

i'm getting rendering problems, is there something i can do

the door looks gray and the quality looks blured

config:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g
windows 11 pro
x64
32gb ram
gpu g-force rtx 3060 12gb vram

[Nov 21, 2023, 6:56:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DigitAle.Com

Italia
Re: Help with rendering

hello, since I often have the same problem, but I'm not an expert in SH3D, I'm using the workaround to waste some time to perform tests adding light sources, not visible but It resolves the problem of greysh stuff. I mean waste of time to find a good position and the right percentage of light setting...
I don't think SH3D is using GPU acceleration, (not in my case) just be sure to use the 64 bit release (asked while installing the app.
Then use a higher resolution while rendering, 1280 or 1600 x ...
It takes time... I know. I use YafaRay rendering engine at 4th quality level, then go for a beer, a sandwich or a cigarette... SunFlow seems to be slower to me and creating unwanted white shiny bubbles... but agan, wait for expert users answers. Good Luck.
Alessandro
[Nov 22, 2023, 2:42:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I can see two problems:
1 - the door - this seems to be a Sketchup model. When not all faces are textured, SH3D has problems similar to what we see. Make sure (using Sketchup) that your model has textures on all faces (inside and out) before exporting the model.
2 - black spots in ceiling lights - this is caused by light bulbs touching the ceiling. Lower the light bulbs and the black spots disappear.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Nov 22, 2023, 6:23:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

Thanks for the reply,

I will give it a try
[Nov 22, 2023, 10:39:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

About the door, you could also make invisible the materials of the inner faces of the furniture (must be the materials named "material").
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 23, 2023, 9:58:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

thank you all,

worked perfectly ;)
[Nov 24, 2023, 1:14:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
crackwood01

Canada

[Nov 24, 2023, 1:46:00 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

DAMN!!! That's a nice jump in quality. applause
[Nov 24, 2023, 2:20:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved