Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 448 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
the white color on the boxes looks different. Can this be fixed?

Hello. I use boxes in my work, they are more convenient for my tasks to model the interior. But I noticed that if you assign a white matte color to a box, and place a box next to it with a white matte color assigned along its edges, then they differ at the lower level of the render. There is no difference at the third and fourth levels, but I do video tours at the minimum level, where such a difference is noticeable and hinders. Can this discrepancy be corrected?

[Nov 26, 2023, 8:04:35 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: the white color on the boxes looks different. Can this be fixed?

The boxes already show a different color in the 2Dview so it's not surprising they also show different in the 3Dview and renderings.

I tried it with two boxes: One box, white, mat. Copy/paste and place side-by-side. They show as a single, longer, box because they have the same color in both views and renderings.

Are you absolutely sure both boxes have the exact same color and shininess?
Did you add some lighting that could possibly touch one box and not the other?
[Nov 27, 2023, 8:34:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

The program does have this bug. I assign the same color to both boxes (white is the same there and there). If you assign all 6 sides of the box. then they look darker at the initial rendering level than the same box is just completely white. I often need to model openings, for example, and jumpers need to be made with different textures on the sides of the box. And I make the ceiling a whole white box, so it's more convenient. And then the discrepancy between the white surfaces begins, they are different in brightness. For example, I can only make models of cornices entirely white, with an overlay on the wall such a cornice will look too white. This is only readable on video, I use the initial level of quality, with other levels the loading time is unrealistically long, I am satisfied with the initial level, but the difference in white color is very noticeable. It would be good if the program fixed this bug and at least the white color was the same everywhere with a different destination for the box.
[Nov 27, 2023, 9:17:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You can try and export both objects that should have the same white but appear different. Then compare the numbers in the .mtl files of the two exports. If they are exactly the same the problem is in Sweet Home 3D or the rendering engine. If they are different, copy one of the .mtl white sections over the other to make them the same. Import both and see if they are still different in appearance.
[Nov 27, 2023, 9:44:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Vinci68

France

I have indeed reproduced this phenomenon, which I had never noticed before. Keet's method of modifying the .mtl file is, for the moment, the only solution!
[Nov 27, 2023, 11:21:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

thank you for your valuable advice! If this inaccuracy in the program is not corrected, your recommendations will help me a lot. Thanks! In any case, there is a solution now.
[Nov 27, 2023, 1:22:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Before editing the .mtl files you can also try if the "Paste style" function is sufficient to make the colors really equal for rendering. Copy one box, select the second, and from the context menu choose "Paste style". If that doesn't work you can always go back to .mtl editing.
[Nov 27, 2023, 1:50:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved