Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 9852 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
Pivosz

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Lines

Hi.

It's possible to implement drawing lines with color and style settings?
I need to design elecric wires, plugs, switches etc. It needn'nt be visible in 3d model.

Thanks.
[Jan 10, 2010, 10:49:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
willyls

Brazil
Re: Lines

I would like to second this request... Possibility to click between two points in the plan, thus connecting them with a colour coded line. Ideally, the length of the lines, by colour code should be available within the system in order to estimate the e.g. the electrical wiring required..

Thanks
[Mar 7, 2011, 4:00:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
mopperle

Very good idea! This program is nearly perfect for me. The only thing I'm missing at the moment is the capability to draw lines and arrows.

Thanks
Otto
[Apr 25, 2011, 8:31:32 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
macfrog
Advanced Member

Germany

Hi everybody.
i don't think Emanuel is going to add any more features not really required to do the interior of a home soon, for which SH3D is being used.

if you think further, you will see: if you start adding e.g. lines and arrows you also have to take support for layers into consideration. and after that point everybody wants to have different layers even for the texts, floors and so on. and this would be a lot to ask for, especially taken the amount of work into account.

to give you at least something:
i'm creating the electricity stuff for my Design with Omnigraffle, which is bundled for free with my Mac. You can import a high-res picture of the print-layout from SH3D, place it into a layer and draw the required lines into another.

macfrog
[Apr 25, 2011, 7:58:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
polo2010

Denmark

"Omnigraffle" for Mac - is there a similar program for Windows?
[May 3, 2011, 10:53:25 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Available on all systems, Inkscape is a free vector graphics editor. With it you could get the best quality for your drawings, by working on SVG files that Sweet Home 3D is able to export.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 4, 2011, 7:43:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
awiklendt

I often use Alternativeto.net to search for opensource/free software similar to commercial software i am familiar with.

http://alternativeto.net/software/omnigraffle/?platform=windows

Although i have used Inkscape before and recommend it also for SVG, though i have never impmorted a 3D / 2D floor plan into it...

perhaps also this thread may help regarding the idea of 'layers'

http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,3563
[Oct 25, 2012, 9:07:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved