Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1106 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
rolffj

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Years of Projects hang on MacBookProM1Max after Sonoma 14.1.1 update?

After years of successful use of paid version via Mac AppStore, program (regularly updated to 7.2.1) and all projects (now showing "Recover" added to names) now hang with spinning beach ball on MacBookProM1Max after upgrading to Sonoma 14.1.1 (not beta). Attempts to reopen via App Store prior purchase "Open" link produce same hanging results.

For troubleshooting, downloaded free Java 8 version 7.2 that does open (with limited libraries of course), yet crashes if try to open any recent projects. Can begin a new project only on free version.

How might I regain access to earlier projects and extensive libraries that I previously imported, please? Thank you for the assistance.
[Nov 30, 2023, 7:06:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Years of Projects hang on MacBookProM1Max after Sonoma 14.1.1 update?

How big are your SH3D file? Your projects might have become very large in which case you should try to increase the max memory used the program.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Nov 30, 2023, 7:52:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rolffj

Canada

Was able to expand memory to 6GB per instructions. However, program still hangs until force quit.
Recent project file size trying to open only 1.2MB (though 600kb version also won't open), while earlier ones were 13.8MB and as large as 36MB (with 3D view routinely separated onto a second or third monitor).
Additional sugestions, please? Thank you.
[Nov 30, 2023, 9:13:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Your files are quite small, so the problem must come from something else.
Did you import some large 3D models?
[Nov 30, 2023, 9:26:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rolffj

Canada

The Applications/SweetHome folder where all the models and multiple imported libraries of many doors, stairs, roofs, etc. appear to be is 334MB in size. The separate folder with all my projects is 490MB. The terrabyte hard drive has 189GB available besides extending onto multiple external drives as needed. Insights?
[Nov 30, 2023, 9:40:58 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rolffj

Canada

I like the program and don't object to purchasing it again if I'm guided via links on how to delete everything except the projects and libraries, if possible. I feel like having the 7.2 Universal and iOS and 7.2.1 Mac App Store versions simultaneously on my computer from troubleshooting attempts may be making things worse? Is that likely? Thanks again.
[Nov 30, 2023, 9:56:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Having both versions installed on the same computer is not a problem, except of course if you try to save a same file opened in both applications at the same time.
As explained here, imported 3D models and textures are not saved at the same place for both applications, and this is the only thing that may trouble users who are not aware of this.

Could you check the contents of Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D folder?
In the Finder, select Go > Go To... menu item, then enter ~/Library/Containers/com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D/Data/Library/Application Support/eTeks/Sweet Home 3D (with the tilde) and press <enter>. If that folder contains a folder named "recovery", moving it elsewhere will let you restart the Mac App Store verison of Sweet Home 3D and open your SH3D files.
[Dec 1, 2023, 11:27:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rolffj

Canada

That seemed to work to get the program open with full libraries, thank you.
Exception is only a few older project files open without force quit, yet I can recreate the few still needed later. The only one in Recovery folder still hangs but OK for now.
Also the "com.eteks.sweethome3d" portion was not in the path, instead going directly from /Containers to SweetHome3D/

Do I empty the moved Recovery folder and place it back where it was in case ever needed again, or just leave it where I moved it earlier in that path as I have done that worked?

Thank you very much for the patient and thorough assistance. You've created a wonderful program that is appreciated! Merci
[Dec 1, 2023, 3:31:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

You're welcome smile

the "com.eteks.sweethome3d" portion was not in the path, instead going directly from /Containers to SweetHome3D/
Both paths work, Sweet Home 3D being a shortcut of com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D.

Please, send me the file found in Recovery folder if you don't mind. It shouldn't hang program launch, and it will help me to understand why.

You can discard the Recovery folder if you want. It will be created again if needed.
[Dec 1, 2023, 4:31:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
rolffj

Canada

Attached to an email as requested. Thanks again.
[Dec 1, 2023, 6:55:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved