Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 321 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
goldenjet50

Canada
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Importing a drawing

Can you export and subsequently import a drawing into another SH3D drawing? I created a drawings of two rooms in two separate drawings and then found that it would be helpful to include both of those rooms in one composite drawing.

Select All, copy, paste doesn't work as it doesn't go to the clipboard. Neither does Ctrl C/Ctrl V.

I should have designed both (or all) rooms in one drawing, but I didn't think about the possibility of that need until AFTER I had done the drawings.

I really don't want to have to recreate everything again if I don't have to.
[Dec 9, 2023, 10:33:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Re: Importing a drawing

Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V works for me copying selections between two open files if that is what you mean by two separate drawings. I'm on Linux, SH3D 7.2. What are you running?
[Dec 9, 2023, 11:24:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Be sure to open the second file with File > Open or File > Open recent menu items, otherwise it may not work under Windows.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 9, 2023, 11:53:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
goldenjet50

Canada

Actually, it does work now. I am running Windows 11. I had had a problem when I had two drawings open and wanted to move one to the other screen. (So I could copy/paste more easily) and with the 3D drawings open on another screen, I guess that created problems and the program hung and I had to restart it with Task Manager. That happened twice.

I'm thinking that in the process of doing that, the Windows cut/past buffer must have gotten messed up. AS I thought about it later, it didn't seem reasonable that I couldn't copy/paste so I came back (after I had posted this thread) and did a restart of the computer and, voila .... now it does work.

So ..... probably the issue is: don't try to move a drawing to a second screen if you have the 3D drawing open on the second screen as it causes unpredictable results which a simple restart of SH3D doesn't fix!

So thanks for your responses!
[Dec 10, 2023, 7:46:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved