Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 17
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 2200 times and has 16 replies Next Thread
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
New house model in Sweet Home 3D Gallery

There is a new model in Sweet Home 3D Gallery!

During the past years, I had the pleasure and honor to create the examples shown in the Gallery.
I do them from Emmanuel’s or my own ideas, from pictures I find, and sometime from souvenirs of houses I know or even lived in…
For this new model, the suggestion was : a typical American house, not too large, arranged for handicapped people with all the new models from furniture librairies 1.9.

So I imagined, with the help of pictures of typical American houses, an “old” house, renovated for a disabled guy.

I don’t know about you, but what I like the most when I realize these designs - maybe also because I’m also a scriptwriter - is to imagine the people who “live” in these spaces: the families of the houses, the workers of the loft, owners and clients of the hotel…
Unfortunately, I have to deliver rather light SH3D files to ensure they can work on any device, preventing me from adding characters and large models in my designs.

However, this time, I could stage a single man who lives in the house of his childhood, inherited from his parents, recently renovated because he sadly had a sport accident: He installed a home lift for his bedroom, also a stair lift to go to his “gymnasium” in the basement, a refitted bathroom and a practical kitchen (with also a large sofa for his numerous friends), and PWD ramp for the access to his home.

Luckily, this guy loves playing piano, works mostly on his computer, and…

… enjoys using Sweet Home 3D!

I hope you will like to visit this house!

(PS: Sorry for Dorin and Daniele roof plugin: I used the Okh roofs)
[Dec 15, 2023, 4:24:29 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: New house model in Sweet Home 3D Gallery

Many thanks Véronique.
If you count the 9 demos in Sweet Home 3D, the examples in the tips and the ones in the gallery, this is the 30th home you designed. Congratulations! love struck
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 15, 2023, 4:45:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
dorin
Advanced Member

Romania

Sorry for Dorin and Daniele roof plugin

No problem!
1. Our plugin is not the only one solution available to do something like this.
2. What is good for a person with disabilities for sure it is good for common peoples.
3. The actual roof generator plugin it is still very far for some professional demands.
4. Thanks to you and others it will be.
----------------------------------------
A computer program does what you tell it to do, not what you want it to do. Murphy's Law (Greer's Third Law)
When all else fails, read the instructions.Murphy's Law
[Dec 15, 2023, 7:29:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Hi VeroniQ. A couple of thoughts if I may.

The bathroom door should either swing outwards, or be a pocket (sliding) door. This is in case of issues where someone collapses behind the door making it hard to get in to render aid. I also assume that pocket doors are easier to navigate for wheelchair users.

I would lose the glass cubicle for the shower. It looks like it would interfere with getting alongside the toilet, and it getting in/out of the cubicle really awkward from a wheelchair. Just make the whole room a wet room. At most a tracked curtain that can be moved out of the way if trying to contain the water a bit.

While I realise the property is designed for the handicapped resident, the sink is going to be an exercise in origami for the able bodied that will visit or stay. It's very low, under a low eaves, and has a light jutting out above it. As someone who's sink is under the eaves, higher than this one, and has no protuberances above it, it's already barely usable.

Having said that, I'm not sure how to alter this with the current arrangement. Instead I've bashed up a rough idea of swapping the guest room and the bathroom over, moving the dividing wall down closer to the center line, and using more space for the bathroom. See here if you want to see what I'm talking about.

Yes the guest room becomes a bit small, but maybe it is only occasional use, so not as important as the bathroom.

Cheers!
[Dec 15, 2023, 7:58:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

sjb007, you are surely right. I am not a professional in occupational therapist. It's only ideas and, as I said, more a way to imagine the life of people/our own life in different places... It's what we like to do with Sweet Home 3D
[Dec 15, 2023, 9:13:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Perhaps there are Sweet Home 3D users in wheelchairs that could give us some tips from real life. Every country has it's own rules and regulations but only real people in a wheelchair now what works and what not. I would be very interested in such insights.
How does an ideal bathroom look? Preferably usable by both a wheelchair and walking user. Same for a kitchen, toilet, etc. Are there problem rooms we should consider when creating a new design?
[Dec 15, 2023, 11:33:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

I had a little experience designing an apartment for a wheelchair user. These may be completely different requirements. 1. a disabled person who can stand on his own feet, 2. who cannot stand on his feet, but can actively act with his hands. 3. Who can only get up with an assistant. Each case needs its own dimensions. But the most important thing to start with is to set the U-turn zones in the project so that the stroller can maneuver freely. This is a minimum diameter of 140cm, with an assistant this diameter is larger, 160. It is necessary to insert these circles in the project on the plan as often as possible, the more they can be placed, the more convenient it is to move around. The dimensions of the doorways for wheelchair users on their hands are 90cm or more. The strollers themselves are much smaller in width (67x110 cm), but you need to work with your elbows and give this space. Further, we can consider changes in the height of the tables, it is 85cm (usually 76cm). But the main thing is maneuvering so as not to get stuck and not to back away all the time. This is especially important in cramped spaces - bathrooms and dressing rooms, corridors with doorways. It is important to completely remove the differences on the floor so that the stroller rolls without obstacles. There are many schemes on the Internet with the ergonomics of a person in a wheelchair, you can spy on the useful heights of hangers, shelves. But the main thing is maneuvers.
[Dec 19, 2023, 12:43:01 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Starting with reserving space for turning zones is good advise. I didn't think to start with that before drawing walls and furniture but now I'm integrating that when I start new projects that need wheelchair access. It avoids having to make changes afterwards when you find that there's not enough room at specific places. Until now I just created what I thought as a big enough space and mostly that works but not always. I have to think more about that, also taking into consideration the routes including for fire escape.
I didn't know about the table height, that's also a good one to remember. So far I have assumed that if there's enough space for a wheelchair there's also enough space for walker/baby strollers.

Until now I have tried to always create a wheelchair enabled toilet/bathroom in public spaces that could double function as a baby care room. That still seems to fit with both the required space and table height. At some places I have split them into dedicated wheelchair/baby rooms.
[Dec 19, 2023, 7:26:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

another note for the VeroniQ project. If the height of the table in the dining room is set as the height of the kitchen countertop - 85 cm, then semi-bar chair should be used. They differ in the proportions of the legs, the seat height of such chairs is 61-63cm (usually 46). There are ordinary chairs in the project, it can be seen. And it will not work to simply stretch such a standard chair in proportion, you need a model with a semi-bar chair design.
[Dec 19, 2023, 8:39:34 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
VeroniQ
Advanced Member

France

Thank you GaudiGalopin for your remarks. I totally agree with the kitchen table which is too high, I should have lower it much more.
For the turning zones, I tried to respect them using the "PWD symbol" Sweet Home 3D model (149 x 149 cm) but, as I imagined more a renovation of a old house, there are also some places in this house where the character has to move back, like in "real life" (his study, for example, and also in his lift ; BTW I had to enlarge the Sweet Home 3D model which is more for standing people with walker).
[Dec 19, 2023, 4:42:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved