Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 11
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 340 times and has 10 replies Next Thread
geewee

DE
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to extend the plan

I'd like to expand the plan to cover the entire property and add a small building, but don't know how to accomplish that.

Am I missing that fucntion?

Thanks!
[Dec 19, 2023, 2:18:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to extend the plan

Initially a plan doesn't have scrollbars but if you drag a random object to the left, right, top, and bottom the 2D view will expand and scrollbars will appear. I'm not sure what the limit is but your plan will probably be limited by the number of objects and buildings your computer can handle before the actual area will become a problem.
[Dec 19, 2023, 3:06:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geewee

DE

Thanks. It seems I can safely select all objects and move them altogether away from the top left - but not the background image. Is there a trick for that?
[Dec 20, 2023, 8:46:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Some advise:
Install the plugin manager. Read about it here.
Use it to install the Advanced Edit plugin. It will add several functions in the toolbar that you will use often.

You can move your whole plan like this: menu Edit > Select all on all levels and then use the move functions to move the whole plan. If you want to move just a part of your plan over multiple levels you will have to do this for each level separately.
[Dec 20, 2023, 9:19:12 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geewee

DE

Thanks for the hint, but I can't d/l that plugin manager: "connection failed"
[Dec 20, 2023, 10:47:23 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

It's either a problem with your internet connection or just temporary. I have no problem reaching that URL.
Anyway, you can download the plugin from sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/p/sweethome3d/plug-ins/44/ .
[Dec 20, 2023, 11:31:19 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

To move the background image, select Plan > Modify background image and change the origin point at the last step of the wizard.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Dec 20, 2023, 11:31:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geewee

DE

@Keet

I downloaded and installed the pluginmanager, but something's wrong now as I get an error message when I click on Toold/Plugins manager:

"No enum constant it.ld.sh3dplugins.pluginmanager.UpdatesHandler.Tag.descriptor"
[Dec 20, 2023, 2:41:33 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Make sure you have the the latest version of Sweet Home 3D installed (7.2.).
[Dec 20, 2023, 3:57:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
geewee

DE

It is 7.2. indeed.
[Dec 20, 2023, 6:20:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved