Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 9
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 467 times and has 8 replies Next Thread
Grufty

Switzerland
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Furniture Library Editor

Hello to all experts
I have installed the Furniture Library Editor and would like to read in my currently used and updated data in SH3D.
Of course I found the furniture.jar file in the program's lib, but the list doesn't correspond to the list I'm using.
Where can I find the file furniture.jar that corresponds to the one used in the program?
[Jan 7, 2024, 5:13:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Furniture Library Editor

The list you see in Sweet Home 3D is a combination of all furniture that is imported as a furniture library or as individual objects. This means that what you see in Sweet Home 3D is not a single furniture library. Furniture.jar is a library that is installed by default when you install Sweet Home 3D.

You can export all individually imported furniture to a library using the menu: Furniture > Export imported furniture to SH3F. This is mainly used to transport them to another install of Sweet Home 3D. The rest is already part of an existing library: Furniture.jar or a furniture library that you imported.

You can find all imported furniture libraries in the user's eteks / Sweet Home 3D directory (subdir furniture) except Furniture.jar, which is in the lib directory because it's part of the Sweet Home 3D install. That user directory is hidden so you will have to make those visible first.
[Jan 7, 2024, 6:30:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grufty

Switzerland

Hy Keet, thanks for your info's.
I'm using SH3D in German language.
The Menue Furniture/MOBILIAR has no > Export imported furniture to SH3F.
[Jan 7, 2024, 7:02:31 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grufty

Switzerland

Perhaps the Furniture Library Editor program is not the right tool.
I just want to reorganize the furniture catalog in SH3D.
The elements you import yourself can be easily changed or deleted, but not the elements specified by the program. Entire categories that have never been used cannot be edited.
That's why I tried using the Furniture Library Editor without success.
[Jan 7, 2024, 7:15:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You can't change what is imported through a furniture library... unless you use the Library Editor to do the changes and re-import the library. It's not advisable to do that with furniture.jar or other third-party libraries because all your changes will be lost when you import an updated version of those libraries.
Perhaps you are better of using the "Searchable list" as the view for the furniture catalog (see preferences). The search box works really good. You can use multiple partial words to filter the list like "kitch cabi sink" and it will filter the list only showing the furniture with those items in the name or keywords of the object. You can still use the categories and the filter will limit the results to only that category. I rarely use the categories because I find it much easier to enter a few partial keywords to find what I'm looking for. You can set keywords for your own furniture in your own custom furniture library.

Read this thread which has a lot more information concerning categories and furniture libraries: http://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/viewthread_thread,12654_offset,0
[Jan 7, 2024, 8:38:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Grufty

Switzerland

Thank you dear Keet.
I concentrate me to learn the program plan7architekt. It seems, that this program is more professional than SH3D.
Thanks to eTeks, SH3D is a very good tool, I used it for many years and designed very special buildings.
Also a special thank to Hans Dirske.
[Jan 8, 2024, 2:30:57 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captaincook
Advanced Member

France

Bonjour.

Petite question à Emmanuel.

Jusqu'à présent, on pouvait exporter les meubles importés au format SH3F comme on peut le faire avec les textures. Ce qui était bien pratique.
Mais curieusement cette possibilité a disparu du menu Meubles.
Seul l'exportation de textures est présente.

J'utilise la version la plus récente (7.2) sous Windows.

Ai je loupé quelque chose ?

Merci d'avance et bonne journée.
[Jan 9, 2024, 10:48:48 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Vous avez du desinstaller le plug-in ExportToSH3F.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 9, 2024, 11:03:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captaincook
Advanced Member

France

Et ben oui, Emmanuel.
C'était bien ça.

Où avais-je la tête. L'âge sans doute.
Je ré-installe le plug-in et après je prends rendez vous chez un neurologue.

Merci et bonne journée.
[Jan 9, 2024, 11:56:56 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved