Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 262 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
waxweazle2001

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wallapproach configurable?

I got a Problem, i drawed the Outside Walls, they are on all sides separated but i now wanted to draw the Inside walls, but they are smaller than the outside walls.
So the wall everytime is set to the middlepoint of the wall, when i move the "x"-coordinates the outside wall moves with the inside wall.
How can i get the inside wall on the outer point of the outside wall so there is no overhang.

Here is a Picture of the Problem:

https://ibb.co/k6B2PKq

Greetings

Wax
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Jan 9, 2024, 6:37:47 PM]
[Jan 9, 2024, 12:50:01 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Wallapproach configurable?

Es gibt ein Forum für 'Andere Sprachen', also könnten Sie versuchen, Ihre Frage dort auf Deutsch zu stellen. Ihr Englisch macht es ein wenig schwierig Ihr Problem zu verstehen.

Lesen Sie zuerst das Benutzerhandbuch zum Thema Zeichnen und Bearbeiten von Wänden: https://sweethome3d.com/userGuide.jsp#drawingWalls

Zum Verschieben von Objekten, einschließlich Wänden, können Sie die X- und Y-Koordinaten verwenden, aber es ist einfacher den Plugin Manager zu installieren und damit andere Plugins zu installieren, insbesondere das Advanced Edit Plugin das mehrere Funktionen zum Verschieben und Drehen von Objekten bietet.

Wenn Sie die X- und/oder Y-Koordinaten einer Wand ändern, wird diese Wand verschoben, aber auch Wände die mit dieser Wand verbunden sind werden verschoben damit sie verbunden bleiben.

Aus Ihrem Bild geht nicht klar hervor, was das Problem ist. Die Wand, die als ausgewählt angezeigt wird, scheint nicht mit einer anderen Wand verbunden zu sein, so dass eine Änderung der Koordinaten für diese Wand keine anderen Wände verschieben sollte. Vielleicht können Sie versuchen, Ihr Problem noch einmal zu beschreiben, damit wir verstehen, was passiert.

Übersetzt mit https://www.deepl.com/translator

[English]
There is a forum for 'Other languages' so you might try asking your question in German there. Your English makes understanding your problem a little difficult.

First read the User Guide topic about drawing and editing walls: https://sweethome3d.com/userGuide.jsp#drawingWalls

For moving objects, including walls, you can use the X and Y coordinates but it's easier to install the Plugin Manager and use that to install other plugins, specifically the Advanced Edit plugin which offers several functions for moving and rotating objects.

If you change the X and/or Y coordinates of a wall that wall moves but it also moves walls that are joined to that wall to keep them joined.

Your picture doesn't make clear what the problem is, the wall that shows selected doesn't seem to be joined to another wall so changing the coordinates for that wall shouldn't move other walls. Perhaps you can try to describe your problem again so we might understand what happens.
[Jan 9, 2024, 9:37:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

OK, it took a few reads, but I think I understand. You want the left side of the highlighted wall to be aligned with the left side of the short outer wall below it. The walls are different thicknesses. Because the walls are positioned based on the center line of the wall, it is tricky to make them align.

You have two choices.

1) Zoom in to max magnification and nudge the inner wall left and right with the arrow keys until they are visually aligned on the left. (Shift+arrow jumps a greater amount).

2) Do some math.
Outer wall x - (Outer wall width / 2) = Outer wall left side x
Inner wall x = Outer wall left side x + (Inner wall width / 2)

[Jan 9, 2024, 9:43:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waxweazle2001

Germany

OK, it took a few reads, but I think I understand. You want the left side of the highlighted wall to be aligned with the left side of the short outer wall below it. The walls are different thicknesses. Because the walls are positioned based on the center line of the wall, it is tricky to make them align.

You have two choices.

1) Zoom in to max magnification and nudge the inner wall left and right with the arrow keys until they are visually aligned on the left. (Shift+arrow jumps a greater amount).

2) Do some math.
Outer wall x - (Outer wall width / 2) = Outer wall left side x
Inner wall x = Outer wall left side x + (Inner wall width / 2)

Thats exactly what I mean, so I will try this. But the last thing with Math I don't understand. Is this for the Coordinates or the measurements?
I Changes the coordinates but then the outer Wall moves with because it is locked in the Middle.
[Jan 10, 2024, 9:34:39 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waxweazle2001

Germany

I got it with the Shift Trick, thanks for that! =)
[Jan 10, 2024, 9:53:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Ahhh... I think you have constructed your wall in a strange way. You have made the short wide bit and the long narrow bit as part of the same wall, then changed the width of the long narrow bit.

Instead, draw you outer wall as a single perimeter object. Only then, create the inner walls as separate segments. Then you can move it independently.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/187YBqjXQJVch...qRZ4otZF/view?usp=sharing

Each coloured number sequence is started as a new wall. Hope that makes sense. The blue wall can simply be extended to overlap the corner between red 5 & 6. Then using one of the two above suggestions you can perfectly align it.

(Looks like you may have already solved, but posting my response for others/posterity.)
[Jan 10, 2024, 10:04:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
waxweazle2001

Germany

I do as you described, every outer wall is separate, but it only fixes in the middle.
But with the other workaround everything is fine. ;-)
[Jan 11, 2024, 8:43:09 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved