Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 317 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
myers6mm

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Hovering Ceiling

Hello! I'm working on my first project and I'm having an issue with the ceiling for the main floor. The garage and basement ceilings are just fine but the main floor is hovering about 8in above the walls.

When I started the project I thought the house floor was 24in above the garage floor. After creating all the walls and most rooms on the main floor I started on the basement. After getting the walls and most of the rooms done there I realized the house floor was only 16in above the garage floor. I then adjusted the elevations of the basement and main floor down 8in to fix it. It's like something I can't see didn't move down and is holding the ceiling up.

House File

If someone could take a look and tell me what I need to do to fix it, that would be great!

Thank you.
[Jan 10, 2024, 1:17:59 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Hovering Ceiling

There must be an issue in the way the height of some ceilings are computed but I didn't succeed to reproduce your problem on a simpler house.
Meanwhile you could unckeck the Flat ceiling only option on the rooms which have this issue. This will adjust the corners of the ceiling to the closer wall height and fix your issue.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 10, 2024, 1:58:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I found your issue: it's coming from a wall placed at (1.441', -1.748') with a zero length. The height of this wall is 120in and this influences the height of the ceilings at the last level. Removing this wall will fix your issue. Use a rectangle selection to select it, then shift key to remove other items from the selection before deleting it.
[Jan 10, 2024, 2:21:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
myers6mm

United States

Thank you for the solution! Thank you for the program! Donation made!
[Jan 10, 2024, 2:47:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks for the donation smile
[Jan 10, 2024, 2:59:10 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved