Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 1681 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
shadowcaster

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Dark Mode

Hello Daniels,

Thanks for replying. I tried running those commands, but the result is still the same.

This was the initial result:

PS C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\lib> set SH3DINST="C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D"
PS C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\lib> "%SH3DINST%\runtime\bin\javaw.exe" -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatDarkLaf "-Djava.library.path=%SH3DINST%\lib\java3d-1.6\;%SH3DINST%\lib\yafaray;%SH3DINST%\lib\yafaray\yafaray-plugins" -classpath "%SH3DINST%\lib\java3d-1.6\*;%SH3DINST%\lib\*" com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D
At line:1 char:36
+ "%SH3DINST%\runtime\bin\javaw.exe" -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.formdev.fla ...
+ ~~~~~~~
Unexpected token '-Dswing' in expression or statement.
At line:1 char:43
+ ... javaw.exe" -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatDarkLaf "-Djava ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unexpected token '.defaultlaf=com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatDarkLaf' in expression or statement.
+ CategoryInfo : ParserError: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnexpectedToken

However, with some chatgpt help I ended up with:

PS C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\lib> $env:SH3DINST="C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D"
PS C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\lib> & "$env:SH3DINST\runtime\bin\javaw.exe" -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatDarkLaf "-Djava.library.path=$env:SH3DINST\lib\java3d-1.6;$env:SH3DINST\lib\yafaray;$env:SH3DINST\lib\yafaray\yafaray-plugins" -classpath "$env:SH3DINST\lib\java3d-1.6\*;$env:SH3DINST\lib\*" com.eteks.sweethome3d.SweetHome3D
PS C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D\lib>

I tried running this from both inside the sweet home 3d\lib folder and just from C:\. Either way, the end result was running the java -jar command with -dswing again but still not seeing any changes.

I did come across another post regarding changing resolution that stated to add an ini file with:

-Dcom.eteks.sweethome3d.resolutionScale=1.5
-Dswing.defaultlaf=javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalLookAndFeel
-Dswing.plaf.metal.controlFont=Dialog-11
-Dswing.plaf.metal.userFont=SansSerif-11
-Dswing.plaf.metal.systemFont=SansSerif-11

and this did work to change the LAF. However, I couldn't figure out how to make flatlaf work in this same way. Note that I did test the above code without this ini file in the sweet home folder to ensure there wasn't a conflict.
[Jun 5, 2024, 11:33:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

Please retry my commands from a normal cmd, not powershell.
[Jun 6, 2024, 6:55:43 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Maybe you should use quotes also around "-Dswing.defaultlaf=com.formdev.flatlaf.FlatDarkLaf"
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 6, 2024, 8:32:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
shadowcaster

United States

Thank you Daniels! I had tried cmd yesterday but got an error. I see now it was because I added quotes around the file path in the set command thinking it wouldn't properly read the spaces.

Thanks so much for the help! My eyes will be forever grateful :)
[Jun 6, 2024, 5:03:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved