Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 197 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
LizardCobra

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to edit or enter interior wall dimensions?

How can I enter dimensions for interior walls? All I can find any help on is how to show existing dimensions, which is not what I want. I need to define the dimensions.

I have tried using the Edit Points plugin to adjust the (x,y) coordinates of each endpoint. But the dimensions are given as distance from the origin, which is not how walls are measured. How can I enter either the actual length of a wall, or its distance from another wall or feature?

The only workaround for this that I have found is to calculate its starting point by subtracting the x-coordinate of an adjacent wall, and subtracting that from the dimension I need to move. So I have to basically apply a coordinate shift by hand for every single dimension. Surely there's an easier way to do this?
[Jan 26, 2024, 1:19:13 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: How to edit or enter interior wall dimensions?

The interior side of a wall can’t be guessed by the computer while you draw some walls and for interior walls, it has no meaning. Please don’t open once more the debate about the way walls are measured in Sweet Home 3D.
The other workaround is to draw rooms first as explained in the video How to design rooms from their inner dimensions.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 26, 2024, 4:16:49 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LizardCobra

United States

What do you mean it has no meaning? What even is the point then if you cannot accurately place any wall? I didn't come across any debates so far in my searching, but are you saying that it is impossible to define wall placement without just guessing?

If I have a dividing wall between my living room and dining room, I would expect that I should be able to define how far it is from one of the existing walls in either one of those rooms, right? There's just no way I'm going to measure it's distance from the corner of the hallway on the other side of the house.
[Jan 26, 2024, 4:22:20 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Please watch the video I pointed to.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 26, 2024, 4:43:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
LizardCobra

United States

I had already watched that video, and I just watched it again. It does not address my question.
[Jan 26, 2024, 10:38:27 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved