Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 208 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
DavyR

South Africa
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Setting to prevent default home on launch?

When I launch Sweet Home the programme opens a new blank home by default. Is there a way to stop this behaviour?
Thanks for your help.
[Feb 1, 2024, 8:36:46 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Setting to prevent default home on launch?

Why? What else would you expect when starting Sweet Home 3D?
The blank home is replaced when you open an existing home after starting. The blank home doesn't remain open unused.
[Feb 1, 2024, 9:07:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

What should it do instead?

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 1, 2024, 9:07:18 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DavyR

South Africa

Ugh noooo!
I've been using Sweet Home for a few years and every time I load the programme I have been manually closing the blank home before opening the home I want to work on. I didn't realise that when an existing home is opened it replaces the default blank one.

Thank you Hans!
[Feb 1, 2024, 11:47:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I guess you must be under macOS, because closing the default window will quit the program under other operating systems.
Anyway, you just took the wrong habit: opening the home you want will close automatically the default home window if you didn't edit anything in it yet. And this works under all operating systems since day 1.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 1, 2024, 1:08:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
DavyR

South Africa

Thanks Emmanuel - yes I am using macOS. I just never thought to proceed without shutting the blank home first. Now that I've seen how the programme replaces the blank window I'm kicking myself :-)
[Feb 1, 2024, 1:44:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Waldemar.Hersacher

Germany

Another way is to double click the sh3d-file. This starts SH3D and opens the home. This works at least on Linux and Windows.
MSI GP60, Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia base: Ubuntu 22.04 jammy, SH3D 7.2 with Photo-video rendering 2.8
[Feb 1, 2024, 8:01:50 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved