Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 367 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Guemax

Germany
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Roofs

How can I install pitched roofs with dormers if the roof is above 2 levels? It doesn't work with walls because you can't specify a pitch. And I would also like to install several Velux windows in the attic.
Thanks for helping me....
[Feb 3, 2024, 9:15:47 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Roofs

Assuming you already installed the Generate Roof plugin check out this topic describing dormers and integrating Velux windows:
https://www.sweethome3d.com/support/forum/vie...ad,11330_offset,190#60535
Don't forget to install the special window library Dorin created to integrate the windows in the roof.

That the roof is above 2 levels doesn't make a difference. After generating it's another object you can move to another level or give a different elevation. That way you should be able to place it where you need it.
[Feb 3, 2024, 5:09:24 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Guemax

Germany

Thank you very much. I will try and do my best.
Best regards from the south of France
[Feb 4, 2024, 10:07:57 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Guemax

Germany

Once more another question. I downloaded the plugin and it seemed ok, but nothing indicated in the menu. Does it need the Enbglish version for the plugin? I am working with the German one.
[Feb 4, 2024, 1:06:54 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I assume you mean the Generate Roof plugin. To generate a roof the plugin needs a room that is selected. A roof is generated using the points of the room.
After the roof is generated you can also select the generated roof to restart the plugin to make changes to the roof, the room is no longer needed unless you want to use it again to generate a new roof.
You can save the room in another level that you make invisible since it is probably a room that is not used as the floor of the house. The room to generate a roof usually extends outside the walls to get an overhang of the roof.
[Feb 4, 2024, 2:05:04 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Guemax

Germany

Hi Keet,
I am sorry, but I have to bother you again. I try to be as precise as possible.
I created a test room to keep it simple. 4 walls, 1 of them 1,5m, another 2,5m, the sides corresponding.
The plugin was indicated as installed, effective after relaunch, which I did.
Then I clicked on the room to find any sign of a roof application. No way. Neither when I double clicked, nor when I opened the room window with the right mouse key.
Can you help?
I would appreciate if you could take the time to explain exactly what to do.
Remark: the plugin seems to be English, and I am working with a German version. Would it help to change?
Thank you very much
[Feb 6, 2024, 2:56:26 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you installed the plugin correctly you should see a grayed out "Generate roof" item under the Tools menu. When you select a room that item should be available to start the Roof plugin.
[Feb 6, 2024, 3:05:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

I created a test room to keep it simple. 4 walls, 1 of them 1,5m, another 2,5m, the sides corresponding.

No, not walls, create and select a room.

Icons at the top:
Select Pointer
Pan Hand
Add Wall
Add Room

(Or in German "Raum estellen")

Once the room is created, use the Select Pointer to select the room, then use Tools -> Generate roof...
[Feb 9, 2024, 10:00:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved