Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 2
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 4193 times and has 1 reply Next Thread
extension_builder

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Problems saving

Hello,

I am using Sweet Home 3D ® Version 2.1 Java version 1.6.0_15, on a macbook, running OSX 10.6.2. I'm using the package downloaded with the integrated JRE.

Recently the program has developed a problem where I am unable to solve my work in progress. I can export it as a SVG, I can create new files, but if I try to save the current work either as its current name or as a new name, I simply get the error:

"Can't save home in /path/to/where/ever"

There is no filesystem problem, and I am unable to save to removable media either.

This is a critical problem for me, as my current plan represents work which is being carried out right now, and if I were to lose power, I would lose my work.

Is there any way to get more debug output? Or does anyone have any suggestions?

TIA.
[Jan 21, 2010, 7:39:41 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Problems saving

Did you succeed to save once your document? If yes, your existing document should still be ok.
Are sure you have the rights to overwrite your file or the rights to save in the folder you chose (try to save on Desktop first)?

Other save errors might be due to 3D models or textures files missing in temporary or application support folders. Try to save your work in a new document by copying/pasting first the walls, rooms, dimensions and texts to the new document. If saving still fails, replace also textures by colors on walls and rooms' ceiling and floor, or be sure at least that all textures can be found by checking there's no red cross on texture buttons.
Then copy/paste furniture to the new document, and try to save it again. If a piece of furniture is incorrect, it should appear with a red cross in furniture list and/or with a red box in 3D view.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jan 21, 2010, 9:37:58 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved