Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 5
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 341 times and has 4 replies Next Thread
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
3Dview & Photo rendering efficiency

Apparently multiple projects I have are simply to big and complex to run using the html5 viewer. I have a pretty fast machine but it simply takes ages to load and don't even think about changing to another level. The browser gives a warning that the page is slowing down the browser.
Trying to render a photo gives the same issue: it can't be rendered in days and would probably take weeks.
(Smaller projects have no issues.)

Maybe I can do something that resolves a little for both issues but my thinking process might be totally wrong.

Assume you have an object that is invisible because it is surrounded by another object or simply has internal faces that you can't see from the outside. For example walls after export have internal faces where the ends are connected. You never see them but they are there.

Are these 'invisible' parts still rendered in the 3Dview and/or rendered by the photo renderer?

I am rebuilding all my custom furniture (hundreds) to eliminate any invisible parts. Meaning removing many vertices/edges/faces that you can't see anyway but are part of the model. This amazingly reduces the size of the objects which in itself should help with faster rendering ... I hope. I am also changing textures with colors where possible.

Is there anything else I can do to speed up rendering very large and complex objects and maybe get to a point where the html5 home viewer can show and rotate the big projects?
[Feb 15, 2024, 6:32:52 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: 3Dview & Photo rendering efficiency

In order to make a render, SH3D calculates for every (!!) object all kinds things: visibility, transparency, lighting, texture, etc. if objects are made invisible, the program will speed up considerably. So, make invisible all levels and objects that don't appear in the image, and your render times will improve.

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 15, 2024, 7:13:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I suspected something like that for the photo rendering.
Unfortunately that doesn't help with the html5 viewer because there's very little to make invisible when rotating. You need to be able to see all levels from the outside.
The crazy thing is I don't have any lights yet that would increase rendering times. When I add that it will only gets worse...
[Feb 15, 2024, 8:20:59 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you move all interior models to a level with same elevation, you can make the entire interior invisible...

H
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Feb 15, 2024, 8:49:43 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

One very slow big project only has a few interior objects, the rest is only planned laughing
I'm looking into breaking it up into parts but the overall building will be lost when I do that. It's a 228meter two-level 12-sided ring with a second building in the center and a 'smaller' underground level. That's big.

I'm now looking into exporting the whole thing as an obj file and convert it to glTF. Then see if that loads and moves better with something like View3D . The basic size remains so I'm too hopeful.
[Feb 15, 2024, 10:15:08 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved