Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 4
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 238 times and has 3 replies Next Thread
dabblerdoe

Danmark
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
photo as background?

Hi: From google map I did a photo surrounding my building lot.
How could I use the photo as the background for my house?
Please, help if you know.
[Feb 18, 2024, 8:33:33 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: photo as background?

Using the tool used to import a background image maybe?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Feb 18, 2024, 5:59:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

I think the OP is perhaps talking about Ground/Sky textures for the 3D view. In which case you right-click on the 3D view, and select Modify 3D view.
[Feb 18, 2024, 7:08:14 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

I think dabblerdoe means something different than the blueprint import. If I'm right about what he means there are basically two ways to set a background scene around a house:

1. Use a long, slightly curved and high wall some distance behind the house on which you set the scene photo as a texture. Since it's big don't reduce the size of the image when you import it.

2. Use the Sky option in the 3D view. This should give a much better result. Again, don't reduce the resolution for this one.
Read this forum thread and specifically the posts from Ceciliabr who explains exactly how to get the best results if you want to render a photo with your scene.
Just setting the Sky texture in the Modify 3D view will get you started. (right click in the 3D view.)

There is a third option for partial scene objects: textured boxes. A method a few members here experimented with lately to place people and other objects in a scene for which you don't have a 3D model: use photo's with a transparent background on a box prepared with only the front face.
It does require image preparation. Read all about it here . Start with that post and read on a few pages. it's fun reading too! Andrei did some amazing things with a simple object I handed him.

Of course you can combine the three methods and use different images for each one.
----------------------------------------
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Keet at Feb 18, 2024, 7:16:04 PM]
[Feb 18, 2024, 7:15:03 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved