Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 14
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 6403 times and has 13 replies Next Thread
tderida

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Bottom view: 3D view

I have the same issue; Actually the problem is fixed pivot point of the 3d view.That means, I can't pan the scene in X and Y axis 3d view. That feature will be good if the developer add it to this briliant software...
[May 22, 2010, 9:43:22 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Sorry but the answer is still the same: use virtual visit mode, and elevate the visitor's point of view. If you need to see hidden parts, you can also change the walls transparency with 3D modification dialog.
Aerial view mode is a simple view mode for beginners, and there won't be any option to make it more complicate to use in a close future.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 22, 2010, 10:23:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
db4tech
Advanced Member

UK

it does not matter how tall the visitors icon is set too. i want a top down view of the walls for making the walls.

seeing them from a front view walking does not help

i need to see the whole layout and zoom in closer to put walls so they join up nicely.

Try placing curves walls yourself and see the hassle it is and how easier it is when looking at them from a top down view.

Hi michellembrodeur,

What you are asking for is already available in the (top right display of the Sweet Home interface) Plan view, if it helps you can zoom right in to help with accurate object and wall placement, if using Sweet Home on a Windows computer press and hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard then rotate your mouse wheel back and forth to zoom in and out, releasing Ctrl and just rotating the mouse wheel causes the Plan view to scroll up and down .

Hope this helps you build your model.
db4tech
[May 23, 2010, 3:38:19 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
JimKnopf

Hi there,

I have Sweet Home 3D Version 5.5.2 and basically I have the same issue as the original poster, however the virtual visit mode seems to be a good workarround for me.

I even figured out that you can make a step to the left/right by pressing the <ALT> + <left/right arrow> and to speed up your steps you have to press <shift> simultaniously. e.g.
<Shift><Alt><left/right arrow>

I am starting to love Sweet Home 3D ...
[Oct 19, 2017, 11:00:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved