Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 15
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 676 times and has 14 replies Next Thread
Puybaret
Expert

France
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Video render works first time only

It looks very similar to Snmavronis' issue, but the correction I programmed won't work in this case because the file chooser used in the advanced video rendering plug-in is programmed here to select a folder (hint: there's an error in DirectoryChooser), and I didn't make corrections for that case.
I'm not sure why Enkonyito programmed this dialog box but requesting a folder shouldn't fail anyway. Let's try first to understand how it really happens in your case. The strange thing is that it works the first time. Do you select a folder different from the proposed one the first time you generate a video? If yes, what files does this folder contain and does it still bug the second time if you don't change the proposed folder?
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Edit 1 times, last edit by Puybaret at Mar 13, 2024, 11:47:15 AM]
[Mar 13, 2024, 10:26:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lubimaer

Canada

I just tested again with the following steps
- open SH3D
- add a single object to the scene (a chair)
- adjust the aerial view to look at the side of the chair
- save the file to test.sh3d (in the default proposed folder with no changes)
- open video rendering dialog
- click record red button to lock the first camera position
- move the 3d aerial view to a different position
- click the record red button to lock a second camera position
- click "generate"
- file dialog pop up (with "desktop" location proposed by default
- no changes to default location and click "select"
Rendering starts with no issues

When the render is complete the video rendering windows is still open and clicking on "create" again has no actions (no directory selection window pop up and no error)

Something to note - the directory selection pop up windows takes several seconds to populate the list of folders but I believe this is because my laptop is connected and scanning the company network folders

Marco
[Mar 13, 2024, 5:35:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Daniels118
Advanced Member

Italy

It should be noted that the icons shown on the desktop are actually taken from 2 folders: the ones from the desktop folder in the "all users" profile, and the ones from the desktop folder in the current user profile, so it's perfectly normal to have 2 files with the same name on the desktop, although some could be hidden from the visualization.
Some sorting algorithms can't deal with duplicate values, and this leads to the exception. It should be possible to change the sorting algorithm using a java system property.
[Mar 15, 2024, 9:03:04 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Thanks Daniele for the information. This should help to fix this issue.
Lubimaer, please create a text file named SweetHome3D.l4j.ini containing the text:
-Djava.util.Arrays.useLegacyMergeSort=true
and store it in the installation folder of Sweet Home 3D (probably C:\Program Files\Sweet Home 3D). Ensure it doesn't have an additional .txt extension. Then relaunch Sweet Home 3D and check if the issue is gone.
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 15, 2024, 10:33:11 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
lubimaer

Canada

Problem solved after adding the file as you suggested
I've already tested 5 times and the video rendering works flawlessly all the time

Thanks for your help
[Mar 15, 2024, 8:57:30 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved