Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 8
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 313 times and has 7 replies Next Thread
Digup

United States
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
How to combine multiple levels

I have 11 levels, my first effort, for a two story house.How do I combine some layers to create a full plan view? How do I combine all layers for a total 3d view also?
[Mar 16, 2024, 6:44:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: How to combine multiple levels

Make all levels visible. Right click in the 3Dview and select "Display all levels". When you select the highest level you will see everything in the 3Dview.
[Mar 17, 2024, 11:27:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

When the Display all levels option is selected, all levels are visible in the 3D view.
When the Display selected level option is selected, the selected level and the ones below it are displayed in the 3D view. Therefore if you select the highest level, all the levels will be displayed too.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 17, 2024, 12:51:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Digup

United States

Thanks! Also, how do I merge 3 or 4 levels into one level? I want to have a consolidated plan view of my structure, but right now there are 4 levels that I want visible as a plan view.
[Mar 17, 2024, 6:38:17 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Change the elevation of the 4 levels to the same value, and then select the last level in the level tabs. Levels at te same elevation are visible in the plan.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 18, 2024, 10:33:06 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

If you want to physically merge the 4 levels into a single tab you have to copy&paste from the levels into a new level. If that is ok you can remove the levels you copied from. Copying into a new level is safer than cut&paste into one of the levels because you only start removing levels after you have a complete merged level.

As Emmanuel mentioned you have to make sure all levels have the same elevation. You can copy&paste from a level with a different elevation but the furniture will get the level elevation where it is pasted.
11 levels is not that much and assuming you created separate levels for a reason I wouldn't bother with merging. Follow what Emmanuel said and you can see all levels together in the 3Dview.
[Mar 18, 2024, 11:46:52 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Digup

United States

Ok, thanks much,you guys are reaaly great, I appreciate all the help.
So, how about this question; let's say I have a 5m x 5m floor (kitchen) which is adjacent to a terrace that is 5m x 5m. I want to lower half the floor area of the kitchen along with half the area of the terrace. In other words create a sunken area of an existing kitchen and terrace.
How do I go about that?
[Mar 19, 2024, 5:36:02 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Read this tip&trick: https://sweethome3d.com/blog/2022/04/21/how_to_add_a_basement_to_a_design.html
You will have to split both the kitchen and terrace in half and move the halves you want lower to a new level. The elevation of the new level will have an elevation of the current level minus the floor thickness minus the height of the dip you want.
Basically you always handle different elevations of walls and floors with levels.
[Mar 19, 2024, 8:15:37 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved