Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 7
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 501 times and has 6 replies Next Thread
AlexDeveloper

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Wall paint with step size.

Hello Guys! I am new here and I am a developer I am making some changes for myself in this application SweetHome3D.
I want to create walls or lines and make the wall step 0.6" instead of 0.1" when a specific button is toggled.

Who can help to guide me on how to do it in the app? Could someone explain where I can make changes in the app?

Thanks for help very very much!!
[Mar 18, 2024, 10:36:29 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Wall paint with step size.

You may change this value by returning a different value in the getMagnetizedLength method of the length unit(s) you want to use (like in LengthUnit.INCH#getMagnetizedLength). Replacing precision by 0.6f in the computing of magnetizedLength in getMagnetizedInchLength will do it in your case.
Keep in mind that length value are stored in centimeters so you'll have to return inches converted to centimeters. Note also that this rounding is used only when magnetism is active, is also applied to some other measured lengths like room sides and depends on the zoom factor in the plan in the current implementation.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 18, 2024, 12:08:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexDeveloper

Thanks for your answer!
But this is not what I meant)

I made a short video that may assist you with this question in terms of what I was thinking.

please look at this video from different pplication.(it is safe) (video about measurements of the wall)

It is about displaying measurements of the drawing wall in the bottom right label where we see length, angel, and thickness.

Best, Alex
[Mar 18, 2024, 12:55:48 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexDeveloper

In addition, the wall should be drawn in the same way as the original, but in the label (tip in the right bottom of the moved wall) where we see length, angle, and thickness. I would like to see updating the length of the wall in runtime with 0.6" step) as in the video that was sent above.

Thank you very much) angel
[Mar 18, 2024, 2:35:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexDeveloper

Can someone help me with this issue?
[Mar 18, 2024, 8:43:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

This is exactly what it does, except the video shows a step of 6" not 0.6".

By the way, note that if you want to build a solution based on Sweet Home 3D, you'll have to distribute it under the GNU General Public License, including the source code of your modifications.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Mar 18, 2024, 8:45:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
AlexDeveloper

Thank you very much! I wish you the best and you very helped me!
*I use Sweet Home 3D only for personal purposes and study)
[Mar 23, 2024, 9:37:13 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved