Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 19
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 475 times and has 18 replies Next Thread
Danmari

Croatia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: led moldings

here I am sending pictures from the architect and my plan,
I was told that I won't be able to go to the balcony with the bathroom. If anyone knows or has an idea for a bathroom... the only thing bothering me is the bathroom and the lighting.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/uj828rkkxuzsibc/Stan1.jpeg/file

https://www.mediafire.com/view/waasztd9o1ddt9e/nacrt_Rebec.jpg/file
[Apr 24, 2024, 12:58:45 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Goodness! Where to start...

My first thing would be the source images. Pictures of screens? Low res? The only room labels are in (presumably) Croatian? No room labels on the new plan? This makes it tricky to understand what you are trying to do, and what you currently have.

My next problem is that your floorplan looks to differ from the professional existing floorplan. (Not talking about the modifications - just the basic outline. i.e. the balcony on the left has moved position, the top walls are no longer aligned either side of the staircase, the lower left angle of the balcony wall does not match.)

Next, your walls do not account for the differing thicknesses. External walls look to be 30 or 25 cm, internal 10, 15 or 20. You have a single very thin wall type, probably the default SH3D 7.5 cm.

Then we get to the real head-scratchers. If I'm reading this right you have three "reception rooms", two of them huge... on a one bed flat! And your kitchen and bedroom are tiny. Yet there is no space for wardrobes in your bedroom, and your kitchen looks just about big enough to prepare a pot noodle.

In both the bathroom and kitchen it looks like you have moved the main waste sources (kitchen sink, toilet) far away from the soil pipes (as marked on the original plan). This may or may not cause issues for your design.

My first suggestion would be to replicate the professional plan exactly, then make a copy and use the copy as the basis for your new design. You can import a high res scan of the original plan into SH3D and use it as a background to replicate it in SH3D.

My second suggestion is that once you finish the first suggestion, share those two SH3D files so that people can play around in SH3D to come up with suggestions or alternatives. At the moment, I can't understand the reasons for your choices, but it seems that you took a small 2 bed flat and turned it into a wildly imbalanced 1 bed flat.

Other helpful info to provide is:
- Which way is North on your plan? Important for considering the suns path.
- What is in each direction in the plan? Unusually it looks like this flat has nothing around it as there are balconies and windows facing every direction. Most flats I know have one or two walls shared with a neighbour, so no windows on them. Mention if a side overlooks a road, a park, or whatever. I'd personally like to preserve a park view from my living room, but could sacrifice a road view from the kitchen for example.
- Are there any walls that cannot be changed. i.e. structural.
- Is there anything above this flat? i.e. do the stairs continue up? Is there a ceiling lantern above the staircase that you could rob light from?
- Could you put roof lights or sun tunnels in the ceiling?

And one thing I just noticed in the original plan... Do you have to go through the bathroom to reach Soba 1, or is there a door missing in the hallway?

Anyway, just some food for thought.
[Apr 24, 2024, 11:17:46 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

sjb007 made some very good points. Create an accurate base plan from the architectural plan and save a copy of that. Post a link to that plan and a few members here will gladly take a look and make suggestions. Include the missing information that sjb007 mentioned.

Concerning the bathroom not allowed to extend onto the balcony: why?
Ask the architect for the reason. If it's because of building codes there's nothing to do about that but if there are technical reasons ask what those are. Maybe with a different design you can still extend the room, if only a little. It probably has to do with weight, drainage points, and most likely that the new outside wall (balcony border) can not be build on a load bearing base.
[Apr 25, 2024, 5:04:42 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

A question that occurred to me after posting my (first) magnum opus was whether the architect was denying the possibility of moving the bathroom wall out at all, or just to the balconies edge. As Keet said, it is possibly structural, so no chance. But then that begs the question why is it OK to take it it all the way up to the balcony on the right hand side of your plan?

Another thing that would help when looking at your plan: a list of what you require vs. what you would like vs. don't need vs. don't want. i.e.
Require:

• 1 x Master Bedroom
  • 1 x Living Room
  • 1 x Kitchen
  • 1 x Quiet space for Home Office (could be dual purposed as an occasional Bedroom 2)

Would like:

• 1 x Master En-suite shower room
  • 1 x Off-hall W.C.

Don't need:

• Permanent Bedroom 2
  • Family Bathroom

Don't want:

• Open Plan / Broken plan
  • Washer/dryer located in kitchen (I know this is a common continental thing, putting them in the bathroom)

Because I'm looking at your plan, and I see the shape of a radical redesign moving many elements around that would be a much better balance. I'm not sure though if the soil stacks are universal. i.e. have a WC or bathroom where the kitchen currently is, and move the kitchen and have it drain into the current bathroom soil stack.

Are the floors solid concrete? Or is there a cavity that waste pipes can be routed through? I ask because having just fit a new shower tray in a concrete floored bathroom, routing the waste while maintaining adequate falls in the pipework can be a nightmare. If your floors are concrete it severely limits how you can route waste pipes. For instance, your new plans toilet is on the other side of a doorway. If the floor is concrete, this simply doesn't work.
[Apr 25, 2024, 10:21:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Here's a pic of a rough alternative layout:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GCxhX1-Z1z6N...FAU6W/view?usp=drive_link

Here's the SH3D file:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ID_1Qvwom5Ww...9Ogh5/view?usp=drive_link

It was made using a scaled copy of the original plan, so is accurate from that point of view. However it is not a finished design. A lot of things were just tossed in as placeholders.
[Apr 26, 2024, 12:47:28 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

just a suggestion

follow link for image - https://imgbox.com/Gpeb7bd1
----------------------------------------
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Edit 2 times, last edit by hansmex at Apr 26, 2024, 10:08:49 AM]
[Apr 26, 2024, 10:05:24 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
sjb007
Advanced Member

Hi hansmex. I can see what you're trying to do - minimise the number of changes in walls. Unfortunately, I see a couple of issues around waste management if the soil stacks are as they seem to be shown in the original plan. Especially if the floor is solid. Your bathroom and WC (does that even fit a toilet?) are not adjacent to the down-pipes.
[Apr 26, 2024, 12:41:38 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
hansmex
Advanced Member

Netherlands

SJB,

You're right. I made a few assumptions:
- money is not a problem
- architecture is not a problem (although construction may be)
- problems can be solved (e.g. use a pump to get rid of waste water)
- make something special using existing features
- paper is patient: throw it away and start again

H
Hans

new website - under constuction
hansdirkse.info
[Apr 26, 2024, 2:17:56 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Danmari

Croatia

Many thanks to everyone for their help and support, I'm new to this one so every support is important ... thank you
[Apr 27, 2024, 5:39:32 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved