Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 3
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 121 times and has 2 replies Next Thread
bTal

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Floor thickness being ignored?

Hi all.

I'm slowly working my way through the merge of multiple floors into a single model. For context, the garage floor is sunk almost 3' below the first floor, but both of these levels share the same ceiling - the bottom of the second story floor.

While I have thickness applied to my level 1 and level 2 floors, I'm seeing some odd behavior that makes me wonder if I'm setting it correctly. Namely, I can see the very tops of my first floor walls while looking at the 3D view from the second floor. Since the first floor walls end at the bottom of the 14.5" second floor... why would this be?

Since I don't have a photo server account anywhere to link an uploaded screenshot, I'll copy the "Modify level" info here for reference:

Name / Elevation / Floor Thickness / Height
Level 2 / 9' / 1'2.5" / 8'
Level 1 / 0' / 1'2.5" / 9'
Level 0 / -2'7.25" / / 11'7.25"

What did I miss?

Thanks!
[Apr 27, 2024, 1:04:05 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: Floor thickness being ignored?

I hope this blog article will help you find the answer by yourself.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Apr 27, 2024, 1:17:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands
Re: Floor thickness being ignored?

Maybe this manual can help you too: Levels_Explained.pdf
[Apr 27, 2024, 2:53:09 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved