Login Name  Password

Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 6
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 410 times and has 5 replies Next Thread
silvanschaad

Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
View in separate window freezes my Mac

Hi

I have a MacBook Pro (M3 Max, 36 GB) running on Mac Os Sonoma 14.1.

After switching to this device, I ran into issues with not being able to open recent projects I did on the previous computer. Though I was able to open older projects and even doing new projects.

After running through all the usual hustle with deinstalling, killing all files, clean up and so forth, I now have a new download from your website (I also had the paid version from app store, but was using it with a different apple id). Whenever I try to "view in separate window" it freezes instantly and the rainbow wheel of death keeps on spinning until i force quit.

Please help. I'm using SH3D for over ten years now and it's a crucial part of my business.

Open for questions and any help.

Thanks for your support
[May 7, 2024, 1:25:00 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France
Re: View in separate window freezes my Mac

If you use a second monitor, turn in off while you open the file.
I would also recommend to update your system to the last Sonoma version.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[May 7, 2024, 5:43:07 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
silvanschaad

Thanks Emmanuel for your reply.

I did some more research on second screen behaviour and I looks like this is causing the wheel of death.

Fact is that a second monitor is crucial to have because on a 14" macbook I can't work for hours and don't have enough room for details nor overview.

So considering this I and your advice, the performance on the macbook without second screen was close to before. Mostly running without any issues no matter what I was doing.

I also changed the way I wired up the second monitor. Previously mostly with an external adapter, but now also with the direct html input. I couldn't see a mayor difference though...

What brought the solution for now (still testing and observing) is changing the lead monitor within system settings. I had chosen the macbook and changed now to the second monitor which basically solves the problem.

So prior to my old setup with an older intel-based macbook this seems to be a newer setting that you can make and that might cause these problems...
[May 16, 2024, 3:22:23 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I'm not sure but your issue looks like Florent's one reported in bug ticket #1259.
Could you try the version 7.3a available here to check if it works better in your case?
[May 16, 2024, 4:18:22 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Any news about the version 7.3a I proposed?
[May 27, 2024, 4:34:18 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

I released the version 7.4 with the correction proposed in ticket #1259.
Hope it will fix your issue...
[May 31, 2024, 2:30:16 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved