Sweet Home 3D Forum

No member browsing this thread
Thread Status: Active
Total posts in this thread: 22
Posts: 22   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Post new Thread
Author
Previous Thread This topic has been viewed 709 times and has 21 replies Next Thread
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
Reply to this Post  Reply with Quote 
Re: Library for metal construction objects

this wall model weighs 94KB
[Jun 10, 2024, 10:01:02 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Puybaret
Expert

France

Nice tutorial!
There’s also a metal beam among the free 3D models.
----------------------------------------
Emmanuel Puybaret, Sweet Home 3D developer
[Jun 10, 2024, 11:49:40 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Thank you Emmanuel! If it will be useful for the model library, then here is the OBJ file, I have corrected the proportions.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8t6aexjva4dht1b/I-beam.obj/file
[Jun 11, 2024, 1:04:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

this wall model weighs 94KB
This is an extreme example of the both the ease and usefullness of using walls but at the same time it shows the incredible inefficiency in model size. (It's a 119kb obj file.)
You can create great and very detailed furniture in Sweet Home 3D but avoid using walls if possible.

I used Blender to clean up the I-Beam. Here's the same I-Beam but reduced in size to a 14.4kB obj file. That is a huge difference! Basically I removed everything that is hidden inside the beam (caused by using walls) and only left the outside skin that is visible.
https://dodecagon.nl/upload/objects/I-Beam.zip
[Jun 11, 2024, 9:30:03 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
applause Re: Library for metal construction objects

Interesting!! Productive!! But!)) I have a strong feeling that working with the SH 3d program is interesting precisely for its primitive primitive simplicity. Robinson Crusoe, when he got to a desert island, had only a minimal set of tools. He didn't have a Makita grinder and a Bosch screwdriver. There was a stone, a goat, a grain of wheat and a piece of glass from a watch. And it helped him create his own name empire and survive. And then get into the book)). I keep thinking about how to really enjoy the simplicity of the process with maximum incredible effect in the final. And I always have my night as an ally. The time spent visiting other programs seems like a surrender to me. Yes, it turns out a reduction in size, Improvement, and Speed of loading. There, on the Mainland, everything is better, more diverse, there are many supermarkets, but there is no certainty that you need to return back to "your little island". I keep thinking about doing everything with the help of a goat and a stone, it's more interesting to me, it brings more joy and satisfaction. And go to bed to get your unexpected harvest in the morning. The computer is a piece of hardware, he doesn't have to sleep. I'll see what's grown there in the morning. You don't have to get everything before going to bed. This is my interest, sports). I'm afraid to go to the Blender. And what if I don't come back))). I am happy to replace some things in SH3D with an illusion, a deception of the viewer, which is why I was so inspired by the invisible box method. This method is ideal for SH3D, it helps to keep up with the night for rendering. Helps to avoid unnecessary visits to the dentist)). I don't want to hurt anyone. These are my problems in my head. love struck
[Jun 11, 2024, 10:39:51 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
captaincook
Advanced Member

France

Bonjour.

Excellente explication de la création de ce profilé en H faite par GaudiGalopin.
Je me suis amusé à la reprendre mais avec quelques petites différences.

A partir de l'image de fond, j'ai tracé des murs fins mais cette fois à l'extérieur de la moitié du profilé.
Puis j'ai copié cette première moitié et l'ai retourné horizontalement pour respecter la symétrie.

J'ai ensuite crée la surface à l'intérieur de ces murs et désactivé le plafond ainsi que l'affichage de sa surface.
Enfin j'ai crée un nouveau niveau (arbitrairement de 200 cm d'épaisseur) sur lequel j'ai copié la surface précédemment crée.

Ne restait plus qu'à appliquer la texture de son choix et exporter la pièce au format .OBJ.
Puis la ré importer en tant que meuble et lui donner les dimensions finales souhaitées.

Bonne journée à tous.
[Jun 11, 2024, 10:52:53 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia

Excellent!!!! Merci!! blushing
[Jun 11, 2024, 10:59:38 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

You guys think to complex for a simple I-Beam laughing

If I had to create it 100% in Sweet Home 3D I would do it like this:
Draw the walls like previously shown but make sure that the inside of the walls measure as what the I-Beam must be. Create a room inside the walls.
Export the room and after import stretch it to the required height. Done. One I-beam with an object size of 7.5kB.

The only problem is that the texturing of the center is diagonal but that could be solved by only using a room to create the top part. Texture, export, import. Copy and flip vertically. Put a box between them for the center. Texture the box before export and after import you have a perfect I beam with nice rounded curves and a minimal object size. And completely created in Sweet Home 3D!
[Jun 11, 2024, 11:23:40 AM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
GaudiGalopin3324
Advanced Member

Russia
rose Re: Library for metal construction objects

biggrin We are rapidly approaching the ideal))). Dear Keet, you seem to have forgotten about the texture before exporting. Then the diagonal does not appear on the vertical wall of the I-beam. I did something in between all the options, I put a thin model from the room, 0.1 cm, on the end of the slice. Then we have two textures - for the I-beam and for the end section. The size of the model is now 23KB. The only drawback of the room in front of the wall model is that the texture lies in small strips on rounded sections, along the segments of the curvature of the wall. But the principle of nowhere from the island is maintained))). Everything is via SH3D.

[Jun 11, 2024, 1:50:53 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Keet
Advanced Member

Netherlands

Yep, it is better to have a separate material for the ends. Looks a lot better.
I didn't have that texture problem in the curvature, only a slight diagonal distortion but barely noticable because it's a small area. Maybe because I exported/imported before setting a texture.
[Jun 11, 2024, 2:36:47 PM] Show Printable Version of Post    View Member Profile    Send Private Message [Link] Report threatening or abusive post: please login first  Go to top 
Posts: 22   Pages: 3   [ Previous Page | 1 2 3 | Next Page ]
[ Jump to Last Post ]
Show Printable Version of Thread  Post new Thread

Get Sweet Home 3D at SourceForge.net. Fast, secure and Free Open Source software downloads

© Copyright 2006-2024 eTeks - All rights reserved